Got out Sat for one last troll of 2010.

Didn't want to leave the dock before it was light enough to see with all the stuff the rivers were pumping out.

Hit the lake and headed north against the waves at a comfortable speed and watched the FF in depths from 40 fow to 120 fow. Very bleak picture except for bait in the 120 range. Bait no fish. Got up to Lake View and set lines. Worked from that 120 into 10 really well without a fish of any kind on the screen or the rods. Trolled from there down past the entrance of Sandy pond in 10 to 20 fow without a touch.

Pulled lines and ran down to Salmon river and things were pretty much as I expected. Chocolate milk from the mouth to about a mile out with all kinds of debris in the mix. Pretty much unfishable so we headed in for lunch. Back on the lake about 3:30 and went northwest out to 225 and set lines. Trolled in to the bouys infront of the plant with a blank screen and no fish. Quite a bit of suspended bait out in the deep water and figured we should have run into a two year old or for that matter quite a few but nope. Barren.

Hit the bouy line and trolled it right into the Bay and into the shallows figureing we'd find some Browns but that wasn't to be either.

Admitted defeat and pulled rods about 7:00 pm and headed in.

An appropiate finish to the worst fall I've ever seen in the Bay.

Time to beat up on some local trout until the ponds ice over.

See ya next spring.

Glen

Good to see you stayed on it till the bitter end ;) . Hey, I'll be back at doing the winter thing here b4 long Glen so if you get a hankering for some FLX action give me a shout! That way even if ya gotta drive home in a blizzard at least you wouldn't have to have a boat fish tailing around behind you! -Andy

Andy thanks for the offer. Might take you up on that once the bigger LL start up.

Jeff same to you on the winter and Holidays and we'll see you out west.

SS glad I could save you some fuel

And Keith I read your report. 300 ft of cable wouldn't have helped much this fall.

Just not many fish. :(

Glen

had one good day this season. one fish here and a few skunks there and then bang we found a school stacked from the bottom to 30 feet from the surface in 90 fow, pulled 4 kings and a coho in 2 hours then the next day was back to the same old grind. whene the fishing was good the weather sucked and vice versa. with the high water in the salmon river, catching kings in the woods was really fun though while everyone else spend the day complaining i was hookin up. probly the best day for me this year besides that day in early september on the lake.

Glen, if youre around monday(columbus day) I'd like you to join me on seneca. Maybe we can hit some fish together, it too, will be my last trip of the season with the new boat. Also, if you get some free time give me a shout.

nick

Have a nice winter, Glen. I'm headed up next weekend to tow the boat home for the winter. If anything, hoping to run her one last time on the lake, weather permitting. May just burn off some fuel rather than troll. See you in the spring!

Hey glen ya saved that little voice on my left ((buffy) sholder from winning.. might still hit seneca for a fresh fish dinner ,but the big pond may be just a thought for now ..if it wernt for the stinking wind id chase a few walleye on erie...Its a bummer to see you dont qualify for next years cup or are able to fish the loc,s or pro ams,,,shoot ya might better keep the boat home and rent out camp .................ya know id be willing to help ya save some gas towing that tub, tell ya what ill give ya 5,000.00 for the boat and all gear , I know ,I know its a generous offer but you know me always willing to help a fellow fisherman outa a jam ......tell ya what if you tow it down to the Keys for me this winter ill toss in another 500 bucks ,AND take ya out fishing for a couple days...

Hava good winter sharpen them hooks and remove the barbes to give the rest of a a chance..

PS ignore that little beeping sound on your boat next year it is not a tracking devise..

• 5 weeks later...

Glenn

No fish on the fishfinder means no fish down there even a nightcrawler would be save under the boat if nothing on the finder.No fish on the last trip out was not from lack of trying.

Got the 67 chevelle at camp on Jacks cleaned up engine and compartment gotta say I am not going to put a small Block Chevy motor in her as of Now. will remain the same just got a lot of cleaning up to do. See Ya in the spring.