The State is at it again!

How did I know that when fox news mentioned a state was proposing this gun tax, and I didn't get to hear which one, it would be New York. How do we get such morons in office? I never heard of these DEMOCRATS before this.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I got this in the mail today:

Dear fellow Patriot,

Gun-grabbers around the globe believe they have it made.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton recently announced the Obama Administration will be working hand-in-glove with the UN to pass a new “Small Arms Treaty.â€

Rand Paul

United States Senator

P.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has announced the Obama Administration will be working hand in glove with the United Nations to pass a new GLOBAL, “Small Arms Treaty.â€

Disguised as an “International Arms Control Treaty†to fight against “terrorism,†“insurgency†and “international crime syndicates,†the UN’s Small Arms Treaty is in fact a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.

UN_Rand_Message_Header.jpg

I've sent emails in opposition to this bill to every representative I have. That list includes county assembly reps, state senators, governor Cuomo, my congressional representatives and senators , even President Obama. The bill does not affect federal people, as Louise Slaughter replied, but I was pissed off! Figured a little pro-active sounding off might influence them not to let this occur at the federal level also.

Eighty per cent of NY residents have a gun in their home. They may not be hunters, gun radicals, shooters or anything special. Just people who have a gun in their home and want to keep it there. New York residents are fed up to here with taxes and any new hairbrained scheme by desparate New York politicians to keep the gravy train flowing results in rejection by the public.

The bicycle license plate scheme would not result in enough money to fund administering the program.

How many police and prisons would be needed to put all of the people in prison for not complying with this stupidity?

I would like to point out that this tax proposition is at a state level and has nothing to do with a international arms treaty.

The state again is wasting It's time and our tax dollars pursuing a revenue for Albany based on something that cannot be proven, how many guns are in possesion. This failed miserably in Canada already and cost the good citizens millions for nothing.

If you already belong to a credible gun rights group such as the NRA or S.C.O.P.E. here in NY, I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST WORKING THRU THEM WITH DONATIONS IF YOU ARE SO COMPELLED.

Rand Paul is a supporter of gun rights, and we commend him for that but he is a representative of Kentucky. If you are interested in fighting the loons in NY, S.C.O.P.E. is your go to for the state level of the fight.

The language of this so called tax is more about having to register all firearms and pay a fee which is what we already do for guns we have not purchased yet, with the feds and the state. Now after you bought them they want to charge you for yearly registration of them. A process that they think will also compell you to fess up on guns you have had all your life. A financial boodoggle for the state.

The state cannot do anything to re strict you from legally purchase and own a firearm as the current laws stand, but they can TRY to enact a stupid tax and make difficult for ownership.

The aim of a potential U.N. arms treaty is to combat the illicit international trade of small arms by "tightening regulation of, and setting international standards for, the import, export and transfer of conventional weapons" in order to "close gaps in existing regional and national arms export control systems that allow weapons to pass onto the illicit market." Even if such a treaty came to pass, U.S. rights and laws regarding the sale and ownership of small arms would still apply within the United States.

the U.S. Supreme Court established that the Constitution supersedes international treaties ratified by the U.S. Senate. (Furthermore, the U.S. Congress cannot be "bypassed" in any such treaty process, as all treaties must be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate.)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I can not believe our state. Stepping over dollars ($100's) to pick up dimes. Plan and simple solution. Allow the natural gas industry to start drilling in NY. Towns/ counties /states should all lease every acre of land they have. Yes put restrictions where drilling will occur and protect the beauty of the land. But start taking advantage of the money we are literally standing on. Stop trying to find these foolish taxes that compromise the reason we live in the USA.