Cayuga 07/13/11

Fished Cayuga today out of Ithaca with a group of 6, we had a full boat. Jason and I had our work cut out for us with the strong North/East wind, fleas and all of the weeds. We still managed to pound the fish with over 25 put in the boat. Bows, Lakers and Salmon were taking spoons from 40 to 60ft and big weenie flys form 60 to 120. We found a new spot with some huge Lakers; we let 4 go at the back of the boat that went 10 to 14lbs. This would have been one heck of a day for a five fish box tournament. The clients were great and went along with my one Bow per boat limit. They wanted some Lakers for the smoker so they kept the smallest ones along with two good salmon. It was one of those days when the auto pilot ran all day while we reset lines nonstop due to weeds. The fleas were so bad today the hooks had gobs of fleas hanging off them. Other than the crap on the water, the fishing was great. The Bows are in the summer spots and liked what we were feeding them. The lake is warm 74 to 76 on top and the T-Cline is around 43ft down. Best speed was 2.5 GPS and 2.3 at ball with most of the active fish 40 to 60ft down.

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7521.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

we stayed with a 12 rod spread......todays group was a bunch of family for all over the us.....they had fun and really excited about all the fish sean put them on.......

oh yeah got to love the seneca special :yes::yes::yes:

Wow, Jason is your Mate? No wonder you guys hammer the fish, you 2 are always posting excellent reports, great report, I like the overhead shot with the spread, all the rods, and the youngster in bare feet, good times!