Canandaigua 8-10-11 w pics

Fished with Matt aboard his boat Skippin School III today and he brought along a greenhorn one of his ex students Jesse who I believe had never caught a Trout before today, boy was he in for a suprise .... We launched out of the south end and motored up til the drop off and set up, we fished riggers, wires, cores, and copper in anywhere from 100 fow to 250 fow but most fish where done in the top 60 fow.... We went 16 - 18 caught five lakers, 10 beautiful Bows and a Small mouth 50ft down in 200fow on a mag spoon :lol: .... The greenhorn wanted to keep some fish so we told him one bow and some lakers but one of the other bows he caught was bleeding heavily and tore up pretty bad so we let him keep that one too... Silver was the hot color today, we didnt have any wire action at all today, riggers where on fire with a occasional core or copper fire ... It was a great day of fishing and when I got home I had a brand new Tekota 600 LC on my door step, cant wait to switch my old wire reel out with this one :yes::yes::):) .. Thanks again Matt for having me on board....

Mike

8_10_2011_035.jpg

Jesse with his first Rainbow

8_10_2011_043.jpg

Beautiful Day

8_10_2011_045.jpg

8_10_2011_052.jpg

Jesse with his take home catch for the grill

8_10_2011_051.jpg

Small mouth on a Mag spoon

8_10_2011_066.jpg

And to top it all off this was waiting on my door step for me when I got home this afternoon.. Great Day!!

Well son of a you lucky B's we dropped in the north end but trolled down to almost whiskey pt only hooked up on 2 small lakers ans 1 bow didn't seem to be marking much compaired to Sunday guess someone had to catch them good report congrats. So much for our crappy fishing befvore the storm theory. Lol

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks Guys it was a great day of fishing... 33canuck yeah I only saw one other boat trolling and they were fishing the east side heading south we were in a white arima hard top... as far as numbers go we fish two tournaments there every year and that's about normal fish wise for us but for some reason this spring we didn't boat as much as we usually do, think maybe the water temps being so cold screwed us up... We marked a ton of fish and bait yesterday and as long as we were in that we caught fish..Nick lakebound 88 turned me on to the tekotas while fishing with him they seem to be great reels and can't wait to put them to the test...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

That was us I was fishing with a buddy out of his boat yesterday the rest of the lake was vacant. The bait and fish must have been jsut south of us we never ran into many marks at all and headed back north rigth after we passed you guys cause that storm was a brewing and we got hit with the hail nad monsoon rains on the run back.