2or3 yr old

ray koziatek

Heavy neck and a drooping belly makes him look at least 3. Short brows and lack of mass is throwing it off. Great buck.
:yes::yes: Take him - his rack may not be as nice next year.

Shawn

yea probly taste awful,,,,last year it was a small 10 pt and was first deer on property to drop a rack.....ill see if i can dig up some pics from last year , it was tight to its ears maybe 14 in spread and really had the look of a 1.5 ..last yr in indiana i chatted with the close friend of this bad boy (largest rack in capitivity ) he gave me some mineral tips....this big one is 3.5 yr so maybe that mineral mix kicked in on the 11pt if so maybe ill sell the recipe..

DSCN0692.jpg

Most 2 1/2 yr old bucks that live within active ag settings will be thin to med diameter 8s w/ spreads of 12-16+ and they will have very significant body size & muscling. If this is a farm land buck I would bet it's only 2 1/2. -Andy

If it was in NY.......I would have said 3.5, 4.5. Since it is from the bread basket.....COULD be 2.5? Might be worth it to let him walk to see if he gets some mass next year......but I would be shooting. I use to be a trophy snob......but now I have more fun :P

minerals are all done in early spring and summer and well out of gun range and sight from nearest hunting area .....these are spacific for antler groth only. The highly and properly fertalized food plot has helped all the deer increase body mass in that area even the does look pretty "beefy" for this time of year..Dont worry I wont be chasing this deer ,not that im fussy ,If i was stalkin in the woods and saw this i'd drop it in a second, but were trying to get some good genitics in this area ...so if the poachers dont get it it will breed another time ....

the minerals are for the horses but the deer ,fox coons,and even coyotes have been seen on the camera,even have a pic of a field mouse standing on top,,probly mighty mouse by now....thought I saw a couple cats with black eyes runnin around :lol:

but thanks..

NY policies of not feeding deer seem a little foolish as ,food plots,corn,and other crops, bring many deer to one concentrated area anyways.. I dont agree with hunting over bait but any experianced hunter would prefer a setupon the edge or a trail leading to a good crop area....

due to the tame actions of the deer near the pasture including the 11 pt I would never hunt them ,kinda like shooting fish in a barrel,but their fun to see up close..

Id rather stalk a smaller buck in the woods for a good shot. to me their ant nuttin better than still hunting with a bow or gun. Many would be amazed at what you can see traviling at .01 mph or slower . 95% of my ny bucks were taken this way.

I would have to lean 4.5 plus. simply judging the pot belly, slouched back and i think the legs are the give away tho look at som 2 or 3 year olds there legs look long for there body, not this guy tho legs look full and short in comparison to long and muscular........stick em now :yes:

WELL MY BROTHER LET ME HAVE my way with the 11 pt...... the small spike and 8 pt visit me at 5 yds .....but the 11 waited till to dark to shoot...yup same 5 yd path,,i could pick out the silliote but the hope and poke days are long gone....HE'LL BE BACK....ill skip the spot for 2 days,like to give it a week but he's been chasin does so any day now things will get serious

IMG_0011.jpg