Very Fustrated

smaltcody

I havent been able to put the crosshairs on anything decent this year. I honestly dont know why. I have creeks great cover cut corn fields half cut corn fields and standing corn fields. Golden rod field , apple orchards pines. and no deer i dont understand it one bit. now its Smokepole season and nothing feeding i really do not understand it. I did how ever have an 8 point and a 14 point poached off my land. (yeah it made me furious when the 14 point fell as i was drawing back my bow :@ ) IS it possible for it to just not be my year. I am confused i have taken atleast one nice shooter every year until this year. I guess its not over until the fat lady sings but i hear her warming up. I have however had the joy of setting my best friend up on another property on a 125 in 9 point with a 21 in inside spread for a first buck 8) , and m father on his first 120 in 8 point 19 in inside spread 8) , Maybe i should just be happy with that any advice?

If you've taken a good deer every year for the past few then know this, there ARE hunters out there that go there entire hunting career and only shoot 1 good deer. It's has been feast or famine this year. The temps so far are NOT going to push deer into your food plots, there is still browse to be eaten on the trees. It's not over yet, good luck this weekend :yes::yes::yes:

Dont feel bad....iv seen 2 deer this season and both of em i ended up dragging out for my dad but the neighboring farm managed to get 25 nuisance permits this past summer so its been tough ALL season....trying it saturday and sunday as a last ditch effort! just keep at it and they ll show up! :yes:

If you hunt wisely, long enough, anything and everything will eventually happen to you. Be a wise man, appreciate and see the value in all of what happens and pass it on to the next generation.

P.S. it's not about the deer...

If you hunt wisely, long enough, anything and everything will eventually happen to you. Be a wise man, appreciate and see the value in all of what happens and pass it on to the next generation.

P.S. it's not about the deer...

Wise words. :yes:

i jumped the seneca county monster buck on my property thanksgiving morning and he got shot my mike canale that weekend so dont feel bad dude i have nightmares!lol J-K keep on hunting bro.....suchis life...i could do the what if **** in my head all day to rationalize why i didnt pull up quick enuff and throw some lead at him but point is i didnt get him Mike did!!!!!!!!!But thats the best thanksgiving story i have yet to date so im thankfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE

I didn't get a deer but I enjoyed the season. I was able to hunt when I thought I might be laid up and for the first time, I got to see two bucks fighting over a doe. I was never close enough for a bow shot but it was a huge rush. Next year...

We did not connect like we did last year(5 bucks total for us, one was 130 plus)but we collected good venison, enjoyed the time afield with my son, learned a couple things, and made memories that will never be forgotten.

I believe at the end of the day, that the actual hunt, not the kill, is what keeps the anticipation level high, in the hopes that any moment.............it may happen. :)

We will get all our deer gear put away now, and dust off the coyote hardware to thin some of those mofo's out.