LC Reels

srd

So whats everybody's all time favorite line counter reel for the spring time brown fishing. Was thinking of buying some accudepth 47's. Is there a better choice?

Diawa sealine Lcx in the 47 size. I have not had one yet give me a problem. I run these for wire and riggers. The okuma magna's are great for cores. And I just switched all my copper to tekotas in the appropriate size. My least favorite or the okuma just a personal preference.

The last few seasons we ran the Accudepth 27LC's matched with the 8' ML Accudepth rods. Not a bad combo. The rods were not the best craftsmanship, but the reels were great, and doubled for short core set-ups when the Coho/Steelie bite was high. I think you will be fine with the Accudepth reels, and unless you are going to use them for multiple applications the 47's might be over kill for Spring BT.

• 1 month later...

Yankee troller is dead on.

The 47's are overkill for Browns.

Way to much line capacity you don't need. The 27's are fine Brown trout reels.

I run Diawa Sealine SG27's and had a few of the Accudepth plus 27's for spares.

Now with the 3 rod rule, I have been running the Accudepths last season and they do the job but I prefer the Sealines.

A friend of mine rigged up a couple Ugly Stick light action down rigger rods with Shimano Tekota 500 LC's late last season.

What a sweet combination that is.

Wish I had the cash to justify the upgrade. I'd do it in a second.

Good luck.

Glen