For Trade Where are all the Irondequoit reports lately?

Ive been wondering that too. On the reports ive made, there are 100's of views but very few actually reporting on how they are doing. And you are right, lots of boats out now that the bridge has swung. My daughter and i had a good run last night but i didnt feel compelled to post it. Would like to see others post.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I've been one of the lookers, but I haven't been out to post anything yet. We'll be out Saturday morning but I'd like to hear some reports out of the Roc area so I can feel better about not running up to Sandy or elsewhere to follow the reports.

The water was perfect last night and just the right amount of chop. Just the right green stain. This back and forth with the wind up and down should keep water clarity about right since it hasnt been raining a lot.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

sorry. it was monday night that we went out. the water color was perfect. but the north west wind was tough. the boards wouldn t stay in the water due to the rough chop. we had to flat line. It worked out ok though.

Guys its shoreline fishing time! Get out and fish and have fun,lets not worry about what port is producing 5 more fish then the next. If your not catching fish try something different,you might just be suprised. I know gas is a huge factor but try to keep a sense of adventure.We went out of Rochester Sunday and didnt have a bite for over an hour. Then we found a nice pocket of fish and worked the area,simple as that!

I went out of Ibay two weeks ago and fished for 6hrs and didn't have a bite, and neither did any of the other boats out there. Then I got home and read reports of guys killing them out of Sandy and all the other ports. Why wouldn't I want to know if the water out of the bay is gin clear if the water up at Sandy is still stained and holding fish? Unfortunately, gas IS a huge factor for me and my crew and when we are going fishing we want to be in the right place at the right time. I have a sickness that requires me to spend a lot of time scouting turkey and deer which allows me to be more successful than the average joe/weekend warrior consistently every spring and fall. I can't turn that switch off. However, it gets turned off when it comes to fishing and it's going to cost me $100+ in gas each weekend. I also take a lot of first-timers out and time is of the essence when trying to keep them from getting bored. I can only tell so many jokes and stab myself with hooks so many times. I love adventure, trust me....any trip on our boat is an adventure!

This amazing website has allowed me to be successful, and I am always anxious to participate by reporting what we do. I hadn't fished LO for 12+yrs until last year and the learning curve was shortened substantially by LOU. Did we go out and have record catches? No. Did we do as good as the charters and more experienced guys? No. Were we on par with the group of fisherman that use this website as a whole? YES! I'm not looking for shortcuts here, I'm just trying to maximize my time and money to do one of my favorite things. So, don't pass judgement so easily. Just because I read where other people are doing good doesn't mean I'm going out there and crushing them also. This is merely another exercise in gathering "intel", as I'm sure it is with many others on here.

Sorry for the rant......

I will always post my reports as Rochester Fishing which does include i-bay. I posted 4/2. It has been choppy out there so not many guys are venturing out. I will be out 5,6,7, and 8, I will post as soon as i get a chance. Like they say, cant get em on the couch.

Camomanbg my little spit was not aimed at you. With an opening post like that on other websites and only seven posts,people go nuts! Like Bruce said you cant catch em on the couch and that was my point. Rather than argue with you about how much money we spend or why we want to catch fish I will contribute info! As of right now there is good color east and west of the river(mostly wind blown) Some color is only out to 8 fow. Friday looks breezy from the N/NW so it should remain for the weekend. I dont post that much anymore but will try to contribute to the 2012 season,best of luck!

I went out of Ibay two weeks ago and fished for 6hrs and didn't have a bite, and neither did any of the other boats out there. Then I got home and read reports of guys killing them out of Sandy and all the other ports. Why wouldn't I want to know if the water out of the bay is gin clear if the water up at Sandy is still stained and holding fish? Unfortunately, gas IS a huge factor for me and my crew and when we are going fishing we want to be in the right place at the right time. I have a sickness that requires me to spend a lot of time scouting turkey and deer which allows me to be more successful than the average joe/weekend warrior consistently every spring and fall. I can't turn that switch off. However, it gets turned off when it comes to fishing and it's going to cost me $100+ in gas each weekend. I also take a lot of first-timers out and time is of the essence when trying to keep them from getting bored. I can only tell so many jokes and stab myself with hooks so many times. I love adventure, trust me....any trip on our boat is an adventure!

This amazing website has allowed me to be successful, and I am always anxious to participate by reporting what we do. I hadn't fished LO for 12+yrs until last year and the learning curve was shortened substantially by LOU. Did we go out and have record catches? No. Did we do as good as the charters and more experienced guys? No. Were we on par with the group of fisherman that use this website as a whole? YES! I'm not looking for shortcuts here, I'm just trying to maximize my time and money to do one of my favorite things. So, don't pass judgement so easily. Just because I read where other people are doing good doesn't mean I'm going out there and crushing them also. This is merely another exercise in gathering "intel", as I'm sure it is with many others on here.

Sorry for the rant......

I'm in the same boat....so to speak.

Cheers...I'm not normally one to rant like that but it struck me wrong when I read your post and felt like I was being accused of being lazy. That's certainly not the case. I usually avoid "forums" because they tend to always turn to the negative and this site has had a pretty good track record of maintaining a postive vibe. Perhaps my post is what turned this negative and in retrospect is a little bit of an overreaction. I apologize for that, I'm partially guilty for doing what I hate. I'm letting this go like a piece of driftwood that slipped between the lines without screwing up the spread. Good luck out there.

Fish Junkie....you missed the point of my longer post.

OMG....what if I go and don't catch a fish...???

Wow....amazing people ever caught fish before the internet and cell phones.

Then with that thinking lets throw our electronics away too! I wonder how they caught fish without them. Wink!

Catchem up!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

i agree you should all get rid of your electronics I would be happy to take them and dispose of them for you ill also accept modern boats and highend rods and reels