RUFF RIDER Live Reports from Wilson 5/19-5/27

What depth do you think the free slider is on the 68 rigger? LOVE watching your posts! Thanks!

Beats the hell outta me!

If I had to guess maybe 30'?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Probably 30 ft range on the free slider. Could be higher but I doubt it's deeper. Depends on speed and also how much you load the rod. Sounds like a 10 color lead core kinda day ;) Our biggest king In the WHI was 25 and change and it came on a 10 color core out over 300 fow on a regular size warrior spoon....forget the name but it was green.

Free slides are tough to figure accurately. Maybe 1/2 way on loose belly. 2/3 from surface on tight for braid,,, I think differently for mono., and speed figures into it.

Got a better fishfinder on the boat this year and when I set it for low noise rejection I can actually see the slider spoon for the first time. Surpised the heck out of me but running 30lb mono on a tight set, it was running around 2/3 of the way down.

See you there in about 6 hours! :)

I can actually see the slider spoon for the first time. Surpised the heck out of me but running 30lb mono on a tight set, it was running around 2/3 of the way down.

Interesting!! I load my rods to the max, but a lot of guys don't so I figured 1/2 at best and then factor in blowback. Currents play a role as well. Based on your observations maybe the free slider is running deeper than I usually figure it is?

For a while it looked like the lake was going to calm down, now the wind is really blowing and lake is getting nasty.. Giving the fish five more fisherman minutes...

Last leg of my 3 week ride to the lake.......CRIPES!....15928.2 miles...2492.5 gals diesel fuel later

3 more hours :happy2:

And I thought MY diesel bill was bad towing the boat up here!