RUFF RIDER Live Reports from Wilson 5/19-5/27

Get hits on the copper, but the landing rate isn't to good for me :( I wonder if its the give of the rod when they hit and not hitting against a release.

Get hits on the copper, but the landing rate isn't to good for me :( I wonder if its the give of the rod when they hit and not hitting against a release.

Our landing rate with bigger fish on copper is probably 60%, but smaller fish is like 10%.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Hey Nick,

Sounds like fun out there! What releases are you using on your downriggers? It seems you're missing a lot on them... We use the Scotty 18" releases and I don't think we have missed a single one yet! 8)

We use blacks and normally dont have a Problem, might need to tighten them up or the fish my just be slapping or finicky. It's been like that on dipseys and copper too.

Whew ...I been swimming around fast as I can go and just caught up and climbed on board...how's the 42 second hitting? :lol:

Where are we ...off the red can somewhere?

I had that darn spoon out all morning and all it took was an 11" king while every other spoon was taking multiple fish! The 42nd spinny landed the big guy though!

Can someone put this guy on the tweets page? This is the best reporting of anyone on this site. The tweets page gets less tweets on a Saturday from the entire gang that Bobsboy posts in one trip. Nice job!

Looks like a really good day today...sorry the 42 second spoon didn't do much...hey the fish Gods are playful and so they are laughing at the way they directed the good fishing to the other offerings..:rofl:....hey how does your smartphone smell now after all this?

Gr8 reports Nick. Ya killin us all working and reading your updates. We'll be out to Olcott this weekend giving it a go. Thanks a bunch.

Well if it makes you feel any better I was actually at work today too, if you look close in the last pic I have earplugs in... I was dialed into a meeting with our CFO and executive staff! I moved off our spot and thought I was good to take a break and as soon as they started talking to me zing zing zing! Cant really tell the CFO to "hold on while I net a fish" haha so I put the phone in my pocket :) Good luck at Olcott this weekend!