dipsey backing

Ifin ya bought 2, then attach the wire to the spool of reel # 1 and spool it up. Connect yer mono and crank it on till the spool is full. Take reel #2 and connect the mono from reel #1 to the spool of #2. Set the line counter of #2 to 000 and reel it in until you get to the mono and take a reading. Then finish spooling on the wire keeping it all nice an tight.

Go back to reel #1 and using the line counter, spool on the same amount of mono as you had on reel #1. Add your wire and you are done.

Last step: post how many feet you used on the line counter;)

holy smokes where are you fishing? If you need more than 1000' of wire you need to take the boat off plane :lol: Just go with the 1000', I've come close to getting spooled if I don't slow the boat down, but it's very very rare and if I slow the boat down I never have a problem.

Nick

holy smokes where are you fishing? If you need more than 1000' of wire you need to take the boat off plane :lol: Just go with the 1000', I've come close to getting spooled if I don't slow the boat down, but it's very very rare and if I slow the boat down I never have a problem.

Nick

its more about having a full spool so the line counter reads correctly and the dipsey depth is correct....

see the other thread about wire on spools not full and how wrong they read

Sounds like you need to make these two reels for copper and get smaller reels for the wire... repeat after me "but honey two more reels will really make me a better husband..." :) I've never used mono backing on wire, wouldnt the thin wire end up slipping under the mono on the spool and cause problems?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I've been spooled on 1000 feet if wire. Not only did I come to a full stop, I was backing on him. It may be rare but, here are fish in the Lake with the size and power to do it. When you find one, you'll appreciate some reserve.

I've been spooled on 1000 feet if wire. Not only did I come to a full stop, I was backing on him. It may be rare but, here are fish in the Lake with the size and power to do it. When you find one, you'll appreciate some reserve.

Send me in Coach!!!!!! :lol::yes::yes:

All bets are off this year with the fish averaging bigger. I think we're going to hear a lot of stories this August of break-offs, tear-aways, spooled encounters, .... If someone goes fishing this August without a LOC ticket, they are extremely foolish!! :$

The results are in

On the okuma 45 I used what the line count said was 500 feet of 30 zebco line I got 160 yards of foe $1.99 at dicks

Then 1000 feet of 30 lb wire

went outside and took a 15 foot measuring take and measured 200 feet roughly and then rant the wire to the spot

counter said 196

close enough for me