Rod and Reel combos

For that budget $100 for a combo will be tight to get anything decent.

Your best bet for a dipsey wire rod:

Eagle Claw Roller Guide, 8.5 ft - around $30 or $40

Oukuma Convector 30D Reel - around $70 or $80

Torpedo 7 strand, 30# test wire, 1000 ft - around $30 - this will fit perfectly on the above reel, no backing needed.

You will then need a good Fluoro leader - suggest Seagar AbrazX 30#.

You will need good quality snap, ball bearing swivels - torpedo snap swivels.

okuma convector cv 45d with daiwa heartland 10-6 dipsy rod. the same reel and the 8' daiwa wilderness rigger rod. getting them both in 4 pack deals the rigger is 80 and the dipsy is 110. there is no mono, wire, or backing. I have done a lot of shopping and research these are the best prices i have found. are these decent start up combos?

buy some used reels, they are usually half the price. and most of the time they come with line on them already. I think all my reels are used but 2 and I have like 15 now... Most of mine are daiwa great lakes sealines and then a few newer sea lines. Great rigger reels. For rigger rods I went with the okuma 8'6 downrigger rods http://www.fishusa.com/Okuma-Classic-Pr ... ods_p.html they are $ for that price no problems we hauled a lot of fish on them. I have 3 of the okuma copper/leadcore rods they are $40 a pop and those worked well to pulling inline boards with lead/copper.

Used reel with new rigger rod = $70/$75

What and where is the LOTSA flea. I already purchased the 45's. They were cheaper than the 30's. I'm not sure why. They might not be what I am looking for, I don't know until I get them. I was under the impression you need a 1000' of backer under the 1000' of wire. Does anyone know where you can find the Captain Jack Releases?