September 29th - This will be our last trip of the AMAZING 2012 season. We moved the boat to the Genny last weekend in preparation to head to Sodus for winter storage, and to have some work done at Great Lakes.

We left the dock around 5:45am and set lines as soon as we cleared the marina. Out went a spread consisting of Moonshine spoons and plugs from Lyman, Moonshine, and LJ. Moonshine Bad toads off the divers on 3’s out 25-30’, Lymans off the corner Cannon downriggers back 40 down 5, Moonshine Flounder Pounder on our center Cannon downrigger back 50 down 10’, two flat-lined plugs back 75’ out 75’ on Church Tackle Walleye boards, and finally a 5 color core out 3 colors pulling a Moonshine Carbon 14.

We didn’t make it to the end of the channel and the corner rigger fires, but no ones home. We trolled the mouth for an hour and a half and only had one more rip on a diver, which ended in a bent hook and an 0 for 2 performance. The call was made by the locals to head for Lake Trout water. When in Rome…….. So off we go with the pack. We haven’t LT fished in a very long time. The only blades we dug out that were rigged were Hammerhead Silver/Blue w/ glow blue peanuts behind them. Two of them went down and it was like dropping a minnow to a hungry school of perch. You couldn’t keep two rods down!

After that blood bath we pointed it North to see if we could swing a few silvers. We would go on to lose two screamers on a 325 wire on a 1.5 setting pulling a Dreamweaver Spin Doctor Hammertime/A-TOM-MIK Glow Blue Hammer. With an hour left we headed back to the pier heads looking for one Chinook to add to the cooler. We were awarded with one final shot on a corner rigger pulling a Lyman. The best part was we landed this fish on one of our Brown Trout rods! I was kinda jealous our customer got to experience that……

We ended the day and the season with a limit of LT’s and going 1 for 5 on Kings. Now we wait six months until the Yank is back in action!

IMG_20120929_131212.jpg

IMG_20120929_083153.jpg

I only get to the lake for a short time during summer. Your weekly flow of great reports gets me all fired up with anticipation. I will be anxiously waiting for the first reports from spring 2013. Have a great off season - you have a few months to learn to love your cube.

Ahoy Rick,

Thank you for sharing all of your worthy posts for the rest of the fishermen on LOU. You have been generous and consistent with sharing your experience on the water which has helped thousands of us get the fish on board.

All the best!

Anthony