Quality fishfinder

I have the Furono FCV-620 and am happy with it. Since I bought mine a few years ago Furono cam out with the FCV-627 (& larger FCV-587) which has inhanced bottom display feature. They seem to be the same price as the older model so I would buy the newer model if I were in the market today. Generally these units do not come with a transducer so you'll have to add the cost of one.

http://www.furuno.com/special/en/fcv627/index.html

I had a $1200 (1990 price) Impulse and it was great and still works but I wanted something functional to replace it due to its age but less money because the technology changes so fast now you are always buying "obsolete" stuff as soon as it hits the market. I decided that although color is nice it is unnecessary for trolling. What is important is good detail, good depth coverage, auto range capability, surface temp and speed indicator all in ONE UNIT and on ONE SCREEN (all of which I had on my previously mentioned unit). Most of the available units now do not include the speed indication because most have GPS (often split screen) and use that instead. I have a portable gps (Lowrance H20) but it is very small fonts and hard to see from a distance so I use it for back up speed and "comparison" purposes. I wanted something that I could see all the info on one screen immediately so I opted for the very inexpensive Lowrance Mark 5X Pro (dual frequency 83 and 200 transducer for shallow and deep water 1,000 ft.) ($200 at Cabelas) and I'm very happy with it. The only concern is that because it is an LCD unit it can be difficult to see in very bright (noon) sun. I have pretty much gotten around it by making a plastic visor which I velcroed on so I can take it off and on if desired. Most folks with colored screens and combined GPS seem to forget to fish and seem to spend their time watching the unit instead of working their tackle to catch fish. This is why I chose to do what I did. I could afford a big color one but why if I don't really need it? Just my two cents but something to think about....

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lawerance mt 15 with gps antenna that came with a boat I just bought,

It works good and looks good,

Also have a lawerance x 125 that i purchased from gander mt. and used for two years, They were replaced with a hds-8 color.

Make me a reasonable offer?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a great practially new Lowrance HDS 5x, great sonar without GPS. I also have a HDS 5 with Lake Insight, great sonar with GPS and preloaded lake chip.

Both of these are the same one just has GPS and one doesnt. They will both mark pods of bait at 300ft.

Looking to get $300 for the 5x, and $450 for the Lake Insight.

IM INTERESTED, PM ME WITH HOW MUCH FOR THE UNITS

GEORGE

Also have a lawerance x 125 that i purchased from gander mt. and used for two years, They were replaced with a hds-8 color.

IM INTERESTED, PM ME WITH HOW MUCH FOR THE UNITS

GEORGE

PM sent,