temp/down speed

Moor, Depth Raider, cannon........(Moor has a sale on right now)

But it's really a Ford vs Chevy debate that includes a Toyota lover. You're going to get 14 different answers and it all boils down to personal preference.

You're also going to have guys say fish above temp, some say fish below temp & others say fish in temp. Others will say fish you sonar instead.

Good luck. (I use moor's Sub-T)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Fish Hawk X-4, without question. I made the switch from Moor to the Fish Hawk last season and wondered all year what took me so long. While not totally unhappy with the Moor, it served me well for almost a dozen years and only had to replece the probe once, I can't say that about the cable, which I had to replace at least once or twice a year. That coated cable always seemed to cause me fits!

Definitely a Mercury/Evinrude debate with a Johnson in the mix for good measure... ;) I would suggest looking at all the features of each unit and decide what is best for your budget and preference. Moor Subtroll here and no issues - cable is fine after 3 years too.

Shawn

Eliminate the need for coated cable & go with the Fishawk X-4. No problems with the cable getting damaged, you can run the probe on any rigger (imagine if the probe rigger with the coated cable quit working). Less blow back without the coated cable, especially when you are fishing deep (100' or more).

But it's really a Ford vs Chevy debate that includes a Toyota lover.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Did I call it or what? Wish I could call football games like that... :D

Actually, the nicked up coating can be a good indicator/reminder to look for kinks in cable. Probes of any kind can get expensive! Lose a fish - Big whoop...lose a probe & ouch! Be sure to check the cable frequently of the one you get for those "minor" kinks.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 2 weeks later...