Docking 2013 Sodus

Hey guys,

I am about to dump a bunch of money in bottom paint and dock fee. Does anyone think there is a chance the water levels wont get back to norm by spring? I am planning to dock at Arney's but the water is so low I'm worried that its a waste of time and cash! What do you guys think?

Guys if I'm reading the chart right it says we are only down around 2ft from last July. I believe its much more than than that. Has anyone used these charts in the past? Do you have any confidence in the projected data? If so we should be just under average by April? I realize mother nature must take her course and nothing is for sure. I'm just wondering if anyone has confidence that we will or will not get near norm this year?

Looks to me like it is projected to be lower than 2012 until about the same as last year in late May/ early June and then be a little above the 2012 level from then on. The thing is that it all depends on how deep the actual place is where you are because two feet difference down in ten feet of water isn't going to be a problem but where something hasn't been dredged along the shoreline where it is only three ft deep in normal conditions it will be a significant factor. The other thing is siltation.....if the incoming waves are strong during the winter/spring they can bring in a lot of sand/gravel into channel mouths and marinas and if there aren't intentions to dredge these places (or they can't be dredged) it will be a serious problem.

Looks to me like it is projected to be lower than 2012 until about the same as last year in late May/ early June and then be a little above the 2012 level from then on. The thing is that it all depends on how deep the actual place is where you are because two feet difference down in ten feet of water isn't going to be a problem but where something hasn't been dredged along the shoreline where it is only three ft deep in normal conditions it will be a significant factor. The other thing is siltation.....if the incoming waves are strong during the winter/spring they can bring in a lot of sand/gravel into channel mouths and marinas and if there aren't intentions to dredge these places (or they can't be dredged) it will be a serious problem.

Thanks for trying to answer a very difficult question. I guess the real question is whether or not the IJC will continue to regulate the levels the way the have or adopt the new plan. (not sure if they already have) I suppose we will find out like it or not. Not the answer I was hoping for but it is what it is.

Good Luck n Tight Lines

• 2 weeks later...