Flasher/fly VS Spoons

Well not a west end guy so i can't tell you which colors have been hot there but here's were I would start, with what you got to work with.

Riggers 1 flasher fly the other with spoon and spoon on slider. Let the fish decide which stays and which goes.

Dipseys flasher and fly on both. start near top and drop them 5' of depth (15' of wire) until you find the active depth.

Boards, short cores with spoons if you got them, snap weights if you don't.

Yeah the spoons catch more fishermen than they do fish ...just look at the classifieds here :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I personally have takin more kings with spoons then I ever have with flasher fly.... but I really think its what your most comfortable with That's what stays out the longest but like popeye said let the fish tell you what they want !

No matter what u should run at least one flasher in your spread. They may bite the spoons, but be attracted by the flasher. I think Popeye pretty much hit it on the head, except I usually substitute the cores for a copper rig off boards

I will be at the bar in two weeks for the long holiday weekend. I have been going there that week for the last ten years or so. I have four riggers and dipsys. The dipsys have both flasher flys. the riggers I will split fifty / fifty. I find most items with green in it works well. Also do not leave out a white flasher (my second choice). Let the fish dictate if you should have more of one or the other, but always keep in mind, if you are catching fish and you change something and the fishing slows or stops put back the last thing you changed. That item was calling the fish in for you even if it was not getting hit. Also always have at least one flasher down there. They do call a lot of fish in.

Good luck and tight lines

They do both have their day. That in mind the spin doctor (or other rotators) is in the water first and dodgers only come out when others are not working.