RUFF RIDER Wilson 5/17-5/24 Live Report

Here are some videos from today....

Theresa jumping on a rod like a pro, so proud! (of course the cup of coffee thrown on my lap warmed me up this morning too :) )

Then we had the mayhem with the double!

More to come...

Nick

Edited by bobs_boy

Thanks for the heads up Gill!

Unbelievable... we went to Niagara Falls this afternoon and it was 83 degrees... got back to the boat 30 mins later it was 53 degrees!  Amazing how the wind coming off the cold lake water can seriously chill the air.

We had dinner tonight at the Wilson Boat House.  It's the restaurant located right at the Wilson Boatyard Marina.  It was frickin fabulous.  We weren't terribly hungry, so we each got a bowl of their seafood chowder ($9) and split a pot roast burger ($10).  The chowder was delicious, but the pot roast burger was frickin incredible!!!  If you haven't had it before, you need to drive over here and try it.  I don't mean this weekend, I don't mean Friday, I mean call into work sick, or dead, tomorrow and get one.  It was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had.

My phone was dead, so no pics of the food/restaurant, but we'll hit it up again and take some pics next time.

A video of the rigger fish that hit right after I finished resetting from the double.  Barely had my butt in my seat and the rod took off.

If it's calm tomorrow I might try to get some underwater video.  The only problem with doing it is it pretty much takes one of my riggers out of commission.  Maybe I'll toss the camera down a bit later in the day when the sun is bright and it has a better picture.

Here is a video I took last year... pretty much debunked the myth that during the day salmon are just laying all over the bottom... I watched quite a few hours of video and only saw the occasional fish swim by on the bottom... didn't see any just laying there.  Also surprised I didn't see a lot more lures, dodgers, cell phones, etc  They must get buried by silt pretty quickly.

Edited by bobs_boy

I think it is called the Water Street Side Bar......down overlooking the lewiston launch.  The wanton shrimp are worth the drive to Lewiston.

I think it is called the Water Street Side Bar......down overlooking the lewiston launch. The wanton shrimp are worth the drive to Lewiston.

Hmmm might need to check that out!

Get the boards out and try high lines around that debris field.  Surface lines and leadcore with spoons.  Try an orange 6" spinny with a coho fly 50' back and 10' down on a rigger.