favorite app for lake or fishing

New to the smart phone thing, but I have been searching for apps that will help me on the lake. I first loaded a lake gps app from Navionics, this will work as a back up to my bird or to review later on this site or wherever I am. This app cost ten bucks but I think it will be worth it. Other apps were fishing knot tying, dipsy troller, boatUS and Lake Ontario United my favorite app..... lol. Just wondering what apps u use, like the most and which ones are not worth the money. Should have asked first, before buying some but didn't think of it.         

Suggestion: throw your phone away and spend your time actually fishing and figuring out the tactics.....all the time spent on gizmos and phone crap is wasted time :lol:  Folks are getting too wrapped up in the electronics and forgetting (or worse yet not learning) HOW to fish....I know...I'm a dinosaur..... :)

I have the Navionics App on my phone and it is well worth the $15.  It turns the phone into a fully functional chart plotter and I see that as an added safety feature to have a backup chart plotter in case your main one takes a crap, not a "gizmo" or waste of time.  Neither is my Boat US app that puts me directly in touch with Towboat US if I break down on the water and need a tow.

Sk8man---- yes you are :P :-P :P

Navionics here too. Helps to track the bottom contour around the Niagara Bar AA+.

The next one I use all the time is My Cast Weather with lightning plugin. The radar shows the storm movements, the plugin shows if it has real time lightning strikes. Good to know if you are out 10 miles from port. It is very accurate. AAA+

My fishing journal is an app to keep track of all your fishing details, along with pics. If you can geo tag your pics it will give you the exact location of the pic of the catch on Google maps. You can store all your notes on technique, species, weather, etc. I haven't used it much because I need to unlock the full version yet. Looks like a good app if you want to recall something that worked that day. No rating from me yet. Just playing so far.

Mark

Edited by skipper19

I guess you're right I was a bit grumpy I had just come from Wegman's and it seemed that every damned person in there was talking on the phone or looking at the Internet...then on the way home the woman in front of me was going off the road intermittently  because she was texting....it got to me...I'm just getting up to here with the phone stuff, and thinking if the satellite ever gets knocked out somehow people will probably be unable to communicate directly with each other because we've become so dependent on the stuff... I apologize.

I don't have a fishfinder this year on the bigger boat, so using the navionics app is crucial to getting out around shoals on chaumont bay, also helps me find points and drop offs to fish I wouldn't know we're there. That app is spot on for trolling too with speed indicator. The speed is pretty damn close to what your going on the top

And maybe it wasn't such a coincidence that I saw more than a little of myself in that movie "Grumpy Old Men"  (especially when I'm ice fishing) :)