RUFF RIDER Live Report Sodus July 13-14 2013

Well we unfortunately couldn't get out of work in time to fish tonight, but we'll be out Saturday and Sunday. First we need to stop at Fat Nancy's in Mexico,NY to pick up some of the prizes for the Salmon Slam in a couple of weeks.

Reports from friends are that the warm water has moved into Sodus. Fish have dissappeared and it's a bit slow out there. Hopefully, the fish will begin to move back in, but be prepared to fish deep in the water column and if weather cooperates, there's always the option of running offshore to find cooler water.

Good luck to everyone, be safe out there!

Nick

I forgot to mention, I spoke with Otisco Marina and they couldn't find any problem with my 9.9hp kicker. They ran it for hours and got no gas in the oil. There's only two things I can think of... when I tilt the kicker up on this boat, it needs to lean towards the outdrive which tilts it on the opposite side it's supposed to lay on when transporting. Also, I leave the fuel line connected and maybe there's some sort of pressure issue. Two things to try I suppose, not sure how else to tilt the kicker up though because if it lays to the right it breaks the ezsteer. Probably not good to leave it in the water while on plane either.... Hmmmm...

post-139811-1373679766534_thumb.jpg

Stopped into Fat Nancy's in Mexico today... WOW what a tackle shop!!! They have everything you could ever need. I haven't been there since when we used to fish Mexico more than 10 years ago. They've added on and made a very nice building and then they loaded it full of goodies!

They still have their humungous fish hanging too!

post-139811-13736798204127_thumb.jpg

post-139811-13736798381914_thumb.jpg

post-139811-13736798516795_thumb.jpg

post-139811-1373679867499_thumb.jpg

Good idea to always disconnect the fuel line to the small motor and run the fuel out when you quit. I always disconnect and then blow out things a bit on the remaining gas until it quits after trolling for long periods. Also wise to get the lower unit up out of the water when on plane.

fleas were heavy monday.I did find a good spray for biting flies.Deep woods with deet kept them off pretty good ,Just had to spray every other hour.The fish off pultneyville were deep 90 foot or more.Hope you guys all do wel this weekend.

Last one was a mess, got into dipsey and copper. Copper was frayed, did two haywire twists to connect, hopefully it holds, while fixing tangle, the dipsey I moved to the middle takes off... Lost three big fish, 15lber in box, small steelie also. All deep.