What color are your balls?

Ivan

Seriously though...maybe I'm over-thinking this, but would like to hear some opinions

My cannon balls are covered with a yellow colored rubberized coating. I have caught plenty of fish using them including salmon, steelhead, lakers, pike, muskie, walleye, etc.  However, I'm wondering if another color may be better (less spooky to fish).  I know guys seem to like black or green dipseys.  What about cannon ball color?  Should I paint my yellow ones black? 

Thanks!

Blue .... it's been a while.

Just joking. Someone was bound to do that to you.  :lol:  :lol:

My canon balls are black with silver flasher tape on the tails.  It is well known they act as attractors.

Somedays I hear colors work (silver), and others not.

Black is viewed as a neutral color, which is my preference, to take one less variable out of the equation.

Yeah, my first thought was "blue", too...glad to see that everybody else is on the same wavelength. We are all a bunch of pigs. Or so my wife told me this morning when I read her that "talking frog" joke on the Comics Corner page. This will only reinforce her opinion.

Who cares, though, the derby starts in a couple of days and I won't see her for two weeks. Plenty of time to make amends come September...prior to bow season  :rofl:

Edited by Gator

Yeah, my first thought was "blue", too...glad to see that everybody else is on the same wavelength. We are all a bunch of pigs. Or so my wife told me this morning when I read her that "talking frog" joke on the Comics Corner page. This will only reinforce her opinion.

Who cares, though, the derby starts in a couple of days and I won't see her for two weeks. Plenty of time to make amends come September...prior to bow season :rofl:

Better be careful...that's why they are called "junk"...yours might end up in the "junk" yard...

Without the cables attached!

On second thought...offer to take her out for rocky mountain oysters!..that should make ammends, or might reinforce the swine annotations...Hmmmmm?

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

All mine are black plastic/rubberized coated, but who really knows? To my knowledge the fish haven't been polled on it yet....Its kinda like the lady that dyes her hair "Only her hairdresser knows for sure" :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Actually, I painted my torpedo shaped weights silver on the bottom/black on top, with adhesive red eyes.

I really do not know if that really helps, but I did that, and have touched them up that way as well.

Nervous energy/ambition, in the anticipation of the suspect that it could help.

Who the hell really knows..........? Not me.

I had a chrome shark weight on my chute rigger that for years took less fish than my corners with black cannon weights. I just painted the shark black and have taken more hits per trip. So... I think maybe the chrome shark was "too much" and black is better.

JAM