What a day on Canandaigua! 9-24-13

Sk8man

I went solo this morning and launched at the north end and trolled the west side all the way to Cooks Point at the south from 60 ft of water to 240 ft. and then back north over the same water to German Brothers. The morning was incredible....I could barely keep a line in the water without it being nailed. Nearly all fish came from 50-58ft down over whatever.  The afternoon was slower but still "active". All together boated 9 rainbows 8 of which were in the 4-6 pound range and very fat and healthy. One rainbow in the afternoon was about 12 inches . All rainbows came from downriggers except one and interestingly none came on the sliders. I ran things 30-40 ft back. I ran a 6 color leadcore for awhile but no action so switched to wire. They came on a mixture off medium sized spoons and 4inch Rebels (that I had doctored up) I also caught 5 lakers from 2-5 pounds  two on downriggers and 3 on the wire rig with a monkey puke Spinney and green tinsel fly set at 180-200ft. out.. I also lost 2 nice bows about half way to the boat but got a real good look when they jumped and had another good sized laker got off the wire right behind the boat while trying to steer too. All fish released unharmed. Unfortunately I left my camera in my vehicle and didn't realize it until the first fish.....but what a day despite fighting the NW to NE wind during the afternoon (which was responsible for most of the lost fish. Also had some hits with nobody home. The most active day I've had out there in a while. I can't even imagine what it would have been like having more than 3 rods in the water today :)

P.S. Forgot to mention - Trolling speed -2.43-2.96 mph (GPS and fishfinder within .2)

Edited by Sk8man

Nice job Sk8man!! You got me all wound up about coming over there in October. .. May have to sneek over before with these kind of reports... Hey , keepin it reel and I are throwing a little fun LOU Tournament this Saturday on Seneca if you are interested .. 20 bucks per boat winner takes all. . Anybody else on here is welcome to just sign up on the Seneca Smack Fest post by Keepin it Reel..

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Thanks Mike. I wish I could join you guys this weekend but I have previous commitments  (that unfortunately don't involve fishing) :) Maybe next time.