When would you plan a 4 day spring brown trout trip?

We are planning a 4 day brown trout trip for April. Our plan is to fish the 1st weekend in April, but I was just wondering if with all this cold weather if there will be any chance that there will still be ice in the harbors to prevent us from fishing? I know that a lot has to do with the weather between now and then, but we have to try to plan for time off and lodging. How early are you guy's usually fishing? Also would fair haven or oswego be a better starting point? Thanks in Advanced.

We are going  from 4/19  to 4/29  to  Fairhaven and have gone that week  for  about 15 years it seems to be good because the weather is getting better   less blow off days and we have always  got  plenty of  Browns with some Coho  , Steelies,   and  a King or 2.    Marys  Little Sodus Inn  is a great place to stay.

I agree with both on the Lam and Adk1. This winter has been especially cold and it will take extra time to warm up to normal temps. We'll be in Mexico Bay May 10-17th. Seem to always catch the biggest browns that week. Two years ago got 9 Kings in 100-150 fow one morning, May 12th. Biggest was 17 lbs.

I agree with both on the Lam and Adk1. This winter has been especially cold and it will take extra time to warm up to normal temps. We'll be in Mexico Bay May 10-17th. Seem to always catch the biggest browns that week. Two years ago got 9 Kings in 100-150 fow one morning, May 12th. Biggest was 17 lbs.

pd buoy that's about when I will be there as well