Some creative ways to store flies

1" clear plastic tubing. Cut it 1 1/2" long than the fly and put slits in the top and the bottom. You slide the leader through the tube and pull the fly until the hooks catch on the end. wrap the leader in the slits you put in both ends of the tube. I keep mine in a Plane box that does not have any dividers.

A-TOM-MIK sells plastic cylanders for $.59 each. They are 1 1/2 inches wide and 4 inches long. They work great. Just buy a $2.00 plastic container from a dollor store and put the tubes inside.

This system works pretty good for me. I use PLUG/Stick bait storage boxes. Each box holds 18 flies and a $5.00 kids book bag will hold 5 boxes (90 flies).

You can store the flies by color and the clear tops give you a quick view of what is in each box. Drilled holes in the lids to let out any moisture from wet flies. The little pouch in the front of the book bag holds extra hooks/leader for some on the water redo's if needed.

aVgxYxJ.jpg

Pq6psl0.jpg

Got the plug boxes on a close out sale at Bass Pro so the whole works was pretty cheap considering what else is out there. Like I said, it works for me. Just another idea ;) .

I bought tubes & a box from Siggs. Tubes lay on side in box. Made labels on computer & taped them on with clear 2" wide packing tape. I also drilled two holes in cap just in case I put them away not completely dry.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

If you make venison jerky, and use "Jerky Cure and Seasoning" by Hi Mountain at http://himtnjerky.com (Gander has it also) in the 7.2oz pkg, the shaker container that that comes with it holds a fly nicely and fits in plastic Plano type boxes. However, you do have to make a lot of jerky to accumulate enough containers. not sure if you can purchase containers separately as didn't see them on their website. Empty spice containers work too, but do as Longline said and drill holes in the top.

good luck,

Shawn