KEATING ON KINGS

is there  anyone who is willing  to lend out one or some of Dans  instructional  videos ..   I will  pay for  postage  and  make  a donation  in your name  to the fishing fund  of  your choice?  I will  return  within   1 week 

• 2 weeks later...

You want to see a 6 hr infomercial, you  should have been at the Best Chance Too guys Salmon School we hosted the year after Dan and Dave's first NY one 6 years ago.

Of course that was before BCT disgraced themselves by getting caught cheating in tournaments.

His rigging part was OK I guess, but the rest of the seminar was totally a commercial. IMO the Lake Ontario Seminars should be done by Lake Ontario Charter Captains....guys who fish our lake, make their lively hoods here, and know the conditions....Keating is all about the "light line" technique. When I asked him what he does when the fleas are bad ...his answer " I just go deeper were the fleas aren't so bad".....Lol.....maybe that works in Michigan but not here.....different water, different ecosystem, different techniques.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

His rigging part was OK I guess, but the rest of the seminar was totally a commercial. IMO the Lake Ontario Seminars should be done by Lake Ontario Charter Captains....guys who fish our lake, make their lively hoods here, and know the conditions....Keating is all about the "light line" technique. When I asked him what he does when the fleas are bad ...his answer " I just go deeper were the fleas aren't so bad".....Lol.....maybe that works in Michigan but not here.....different water, different ecosystem, different techniques.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This is a great post and a great idea - I would be in the front row at a seminar given by the guys who charter Lake Ontario day in and day out. That being said, I think it might be a good idea to have a few weekend warrior rec. guys participate as well to get a non-sponsored flavor.

I have all of Keating's books and videos including the first trolling book he did with Chip Porter. I have also heard Keating talk a few years back. When I heard him in person, he talked a great deal about theory and techniques and it wasn't half bad but I agree with Matt that he's a light line guy. I love his books and videos.

Chris