Any Lake O guys get the dreaded late start letter yet?

Just got the letter from the Milwaukee marina (Lake Michigan) that there will be no boats launched until at least May 1st due to all of the marina/dock damage and that fact that there is 2 feet of ice yet.  Our usual splashdown is April 15th.  Went down there and there are docks heaved and almost a 1/3 of the plylons between the slips are bent at a 45 degree angle or more.  Im not sure how they are even going to fix those.  Man this winter really sucks....

No letter here, but I did take a look at the launch area at Rochester Harbor today. The marina basin project is underway full tilt, but a section of road is open to the boat launch area. I was suprised to see how low the water is....  even the small boats like mine will run out of dock before the boat is off the trailer. Most of the shoreline ice is gone, and after next weeks projected warm forecast, we should be good to go in the Rochester basin area.

Just my $.02

That freaking ice can really do some incredible damage to docks, hoists and other stuff left out. One of my Seneca Lake buddies that used to fish with me during the winter and lived on the lake  kept his 18 ft Blue Fin in his hoist over the water (around 1979) when we had the bad freeze and he got frozen in over night and then the ice starting really building up and he was totally trapped. The ice twisted up his new heavy duty hoist like a pretzel and crunched up his boat totaling it and the motor.

Edited by Sk8man

I haven't heard of any issues at Newfane.  We'll be putting the pens in the water this coming Saturday Morning, so I'll have a chance to see what the harbor looks like then.  The first Sat in April has always been the official opener of the Newfane Marina, so they should be open for business that day.  I haven't heard of any delays.