Otisco first trip of the year

I didnt make it out last night due to several bands of weather. This morning wasnt much better...very windy! We ended 0 for 1 this morn. The lake is frigid to say the least...44-46 in the main lake. Barely marked any fish or bait on the west side, and the few marks we had were isolated on the points. We couldnt handle fishing anywhere except the west side due to wind. Im gonna troll the pond this afternoon and try the warmer water...its 53!  Nobody has caught anything noteworthy (not bass) yet.  On a positive note the new setup is AWESOME...on a negative note I have a rigger with a cracked/broken "pulley/wheel"

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by justtracytrolling

I haven't made it out yet either. I stopped down the other night didn't see any mooneyes in shallow so I figured maybe a little early for casting but thought you mite pick up a few trolling. Let me know how you do on the pond side.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Its been so slow, but normally if we have a few slow days on tigers there is a banner day coming! Im hoping for some action today. I slept in, but tracy n i will try during the day. Did see a 40 ish yesterday swimming with its head up. Im gonna downsize today to td9's n sr8-9's and see if i get catch something!

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Same thing on Conesus.  Lake surface temp was 44 - inlet temperature was  49 but I had to go up in 2 ft of water to get that high.  Couldn't find them either.  Trolling motor broke and I must have blown a fuse as I was trying to get the boat trailered.  That was major panic with the wind blowing and no power just a paddle to get me in.  Still better than waiting at home for winter to end.  Good fishing is coming!

Joe