5/2. friday morning i fished solo looking for some derby fish to start picking away at saturday with my girlfriend. I left the chute headed west dropped in just past the river trolled to braddocks bay point and caught a bunch of small browns and skimpy kings. Found a good pocket of water that 2 boats were already working so i decided to fish else where. I turned the boat around and trolled the deeper edge of the colord water but didnt catch anything over 4#

5/3 saturday morning my girlfriend and i left the chute headed east looking for the big browns that were there the week before. We set up at the first point past irondequoit and ran 4 rods off the boards with stickbaits and 2 riggers parked at 5' and 7' pulling spoons. We picked away at the browns all day but couldnt find anything over 5#. We caught 2 big steelhead but they have no place in the spring derby. (Of course my luck) we fished til 4 pm boated over 30 fish

5/4 the lake was too rough no fishing

5/5 we watched the lake waiting for it to calm down from the nw blow and around 9am we couldnt wait any longer. We again went east looking for a big brown to weigh in but again we didnt catch anything over 4# we fished from 8' out to 25' with small browns and skimpy kings to show for it. We only fished til about 230 then lake got rough again so we packed it in

5/6. Took my best friend out with us and headed east again we ran 4 rods off planners 2 riggers and a spoon with a split shot down the middle. Again was all small browns and a couple small mouths one of them being 5# 2 ounces! We fished brown program till about noon then decided to try for kings. We wnt out to 25' ran 2 riggers rods off boards and leadcore down the middle. When we got to 30' the left rigger took a shot was a 10# king. Just as we slipped the net under him the other rigger fired was another small brown. We caught several more browns with the biggest around 8# we caught 3 kings but nothing over 10# off the water by 3

5/7 was just my girlfriend and i so we launched the boat at 545 got a tip from some guys at the dock about where the kings were. We left the chute headed east plan was to make one trip down the shoreline for browns looking for size. We got half way down to 9 mile point and had 10 fish in the boat all small again so we made the desicion to go out deeper searching for kings. We made our way out to 30' set 2 riggers 2 dipseys and a leadcore down the chute. Got all rods in and the first rigger fired and was screaming line out. He got out to 300' of line and started jumping. He jumped about 5 times and then broke the line! Damn he must of been 25# ;) we continued to troll picking up a few small kings all under 10#. Then the left rigger fired and started screaming i handed the rod to my girlfriend and told her to have fun. She grabbed the rod and faught the jumping king all the way to the net. He was a hair over 14# Was a great fight to watch! By this time the lake was kicking up so we just continued our troll for about half mile and the same rigger fired again with another screamer. He took about 200 ft of line then just came off. We ended the day and our vacation right there. all in all we had a good 5 days on the water caught alot of fish. Was a great experience for my girlfriend and a great stress reliever for me. we will be back out there sat morning hopefully the kings stay around

post-152176-13995679507166_thumb.jpg

post-152176-13995679734088_thumb.jpg

post-152176-13995679963256_thumb.jpg

post-152176-13995680269951_thumb.jpg

post-152176-13995680558898_thumb.jpg

post-152176-1399568070377_thumb.jpg

Hey really cool and great report! Now to just figure out how I can persuade my wife to spend her vacation fishing lake o with me!

Hey really cool and great report! Now to just figure out how I can persuade my wife to spend her vacation fishing lake o with me!

i cant go fishing without her anymore.  I needed a hardcore woman cause im always hunting or fishing.  I cant have a normal woman who stays at home 

WTG Dave. Nice fat smallie also....the expressions on Sheila's face are priceless too :lol: 

my wife loves to be out in the boat..when its 80+ degrees, sunny...

well then she does enjoy being out there with you just not on crappy days.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

wow nice variety of fish.. nice going there Bondouley, wish I still had a boat.

the first fish Sheila is holding with the sunglasses on, is that a rainbow/steelhead

I see a slight red stripe. looks like tons of fun..