Tackle shops in Ithaca

It is interesting given the size and nature of Ithaca (right at the end of the lake, a lot of tourism etc.) that there isn't a tackle store right there.... my daughter goes to college there and I spent a morning a while back looking for a tackle place unsuccessfully. You would think that it would be a pretty good market with the lake so close by. I did notice though that a lot of actual shopping is done outside of town (e.g. Triphammer Mall) other than the great restaurants and a few clothing boutiques etc.

If you ever make it to Elmira, Hills Valleys and Streams has a big lake fishing section that should cover all your needs and if it doesn't they will definitely get you what you need.... Any of you guys that would like to go but maybe to far of a drive just call we will do phone orders and ship...... 607-767-6253

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you ever make it to Elmira, Hills Valleys and Streams has a big lake fishing section that should cover all your needs and if it doesn't they will definitely get you what you need.... Any of you guys that would like to go but maybe to far of a drive just call we will do phone orders and ship...... 607-767-6253

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's a great idea long drive to find out Marty or Les or someone already picked the shelves clean of what I was looking for :P ............ JK........ it a nice store and people were very helpful !!!!!

Another vote for Hills valleys n steams they had a great selection of flys and spin doctors yesterday, rods on sale, great selection of FLT spoons, and great advice, thanks Mike! No smelly jelly though lol.

I am a bit worried that you and Nick are teaming up for BFF.... Good luck!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hook, Line & Sinker Bait Shop is located in the heart of Ithaca right off the canal at 900 W State St.  It is across from Cayuga Lumber and is attached to K&H Bottle and  Can Redemption (the building w/ the fish mural).  I just took the bait shop over a few weeks ago and have made some substantial changes.  We are currently focusing on live bait and currently have pounds of perch minnow, bass minnow, sawbellies.  We also have night crawlers, red worms, wax worms, meal worms, leeches, salted minnows, and will soon have crawfish.  I am always open for suggestions on other live bait options.  As far was tackle and accessories I do have a limited selection of rods, reels, buckets, hooks, lines, sinkers etc.  I am hoping to start stocking R&R spoons and any other popular trolling items.  We do have a selection of locally tied bucktail jigs, flies, crappie jigs, worm harnesses, and spinners.  Current hours are Mon-Fri 8-6 and Sat 8-5.  Go to www.khredemption.com and click on the bait shop tab at the top of the page.  Look for our ad in the classified section of Monday's Tompkins Weekly!

ANNOUNCEMENT:  Hook, Line & Sinker will be open at 6 am Saturday May 17th for the opening day of Barney's Tourney!  We will have coffee and SAWBELLIES.  If you are pulling a boat it might be a good idea to park at either Pete's Gas Station or across State St at the either Trombley Tire or Cayuga Lumber.