Ahh ,got my fix for the year. Sodus Pro Am was my first Pro/Am years ago...then We were in the (old A/m's) were ya needed a observer.Times have changed and a few rules too but over all it was a GREAT derby.What makes a derby GREAT : Good Weather.

: Organized.

: Meeting some of the best fishermen on the lake.

: Meeting old friends.

: Meeting New Friends.

: Town and sponsors ,who want the Derby there.

: Changing fishing conditions.

: Good Weather.

: Town And Sponsors Who WANT The Derby There.

Yes I repeated a couple , because its nice for everyone to feel welcomed to the community,with great resturants in walking distance (end of the dock) or very short drive,from many great nearby slips. The new A/M rules are great and offer many new teams to "Get Their Feet Wet" in derby fishing..and no one will argue with good weather. Changing conditions currents,bait and fish location,and lure selection can Humble the best of fisherman and keeps it from being a "Runaway derby" and levels the playing field. If I didn't have to sell my boat I would of been searching my mind as the Captian did on the boat I Observed on due to changing conditions they took 3rd ,lost a fish 2 ft from the net that would of put them in 2nd and the loc board (biggest brown i have ever seen 16-20 lbs) and had a few diver hits that wern't no dinks. 1 or 2 fish can make a big deal on the leader board...Thank for the great time "Cannonball Runner" and crew. Now that i have become a armchair fisherman again (no boat) it still is hard to get the Sodus Pro/AM outa my blood. The $1000.00 a day derby put some smiles on a few folks too. I hope that was a option they can keep going also...

Now that I am getting up in years,have seen my childhood friends depart from this world well before their time and have creaks and grones from my own body, Take this advise from a aging man: Get a team assembled and get yer self into a Pro/Am derby next year. It is a Great Time and will test yer skills and ya even will learn some too.. Hats off to the new organizers of the Sodus Point Pro/Am.

Looks like it was a good time. Next year I am there. Wish I could have done it this year but all new equipment so I am still tuning things in. Great pics Ray glad to hear you had a good time.

Thanks to all the teams, pro & am, that participated in the tournement at Sodus Point and made it another great success. Great weather (regardless of Nick's curse), more teams than last year, no major problems, and lots of prizes $$$ paid out. The new committee was on their A game and did a remarkable job. Hats off to Krenzer Marine, Tim, Julie, Dan and others, Capt. Jack's, Tom, Jeff, Brenda and the rest of the team, sponsers and donors,that make this another very successful and safe tournement. Here's to next year, bigger and better.

Hey I didn't make the curse!  I figured this year if I posted how bad the weather was going to be, it would actually be nice!  And it worked! haha

The Sodus ProAm was extremely well run again this year.  It really is a joy to fish it.  We will be back next year and I hope to see many of you folks on the sidelines pull the trigger and join us! 

My one tip... take Monday off if you can.  You'll have so much fun, you'll need a day to recoup for sure!  And if you can swing it, take the week before off and fish the $1K a day... I really wish I could have taken more vacation... next year for sure!

Nick

Great posts. Way to capture the essence of it all, Ray. Every year some of our best memories our made in these Tournaments with special friends/clients onboard. A repeated thanks to the Sodus committee for bringing the PASSION back, you could see it and feel it in everything they did. What a great place to spend a working vacation. 

For the Captains smart enough to involve their Charter parties in these events, I see the same crews aboard the same boats year after year. Once they experience it they are forever IN.

Hats off to everyone involved in putting on these tournaments, great job committee. after the stress of the weekend I felt like I was at club med on this mornings charter. 1000.00 a day was a nice bonus lead up to the tournament, my crew is already for next year, the nice weather sure makes things a lot easier for all the teams to get a good shot at the fish, looking forward to 2015. DB maybe with that new looking physic you will be able to walk around this winter and run a few rabbits, and stay on your feet.

Predator team

From the tournament committee i would like to thank all the teams who participated this year... Without you guys this tournament wouldn't have been successful... We will confirm that the rules will remain the same and that the 1 k/ day will be going on next year as well... We hope to see everyone back and welcome any new teams that would like to try the pro/am format

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My one tip... take Monday off if you can.  You'll have so much fun, you'll need a day to recoup for sure!  And if you can swing it, take the week before off and fish the $1K a day... I really wish I could have taken more vacation... next year for sure!

I agree with Nick for sure !!  I'm even finding I need Tuesday off as well :)

I am glad to see the continued success of the Sodus pro/am event. Had I been near the phone I might have shared in the  making of memories like those made in 2011. 

Congrats to the winners.

Edited by shadster

That is an awesome video. I actually remember fishing in that with my uncle and gramps which was the last one he ever did. I even caught a glimpse of our boat leaving the dock. Memories are fun to relive.

From the tournament committee i would like to thank all the teams who participated this year... Without you guys this tournament wouldn't have been successful... We will confirm that the rules will remain the same and that the 1 k/ day will be going on next year as well... We hope to see everyone back and welcome any new teams that would like to try the pro/am format

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Not sure I agreed with the rule about being past the pier head by 2 pm but in hind site it made for some exciting drama at the end on Sunday! Great job!

Awesome tournament. Really enjoyed it. This was the first large scale one I've ever done and had a good learning experience. Definitely be back next year. Thank you too the committee for such a great event. Can't wait for 2015.