Sold / Closed 24 ft Sea Ray

Fishtails

With very mixed feelings and a heavy heart I have decided it "might" be time move to a bigger boat to get the wife and daughter out on the lake more often with my son and I. 

I love you guys, but please don't ask a bunch of questions unless you are serious and have $$$ in hand.   I will answer serious buyers questions via email  at  [email protected]

The boat can be seen and water tested by appointment in Oswego

Lucky Enuff is a very rare, one of a kind  turn key- restored 240 Sea Ray SRV with twin Mercruiser 165hp 6 cyl. chevy motors (250 ci inline 6). Both motors (330+hp total) were rebuilt motors installed about 5 years ago. I don't know the hours, but both are very strong with many years of life left if taken care of. The outdrives are Sterndrive engineering SE106 drives. One is 3 seasons old, the other was new this spring.  To the best of my knowledge, this is the smallest boat ever made with twin I/O's.  Try finding another....lol.  I drove to Alabama to purchase it in 2007.

She's a fast, dependable and economical fishing boat.  I never fully opened it up to find the top end, but she cruises at 25-29 mph depending on seas and how many persons aboard. Fastest I took it up to was 37 mph on the gps, but it had more.  Normally, I cruise it around at about 25 and it barely works the motors and gets very good gas mileage at that speed. 

Fuel economy:  a couple weeks ago we made back to back runs from Mexico to Henderson, a 20 mile run each way. That equates to 80 miles running at low cruise speed (25 mph) pus 14 hours of trolling, and she burned a total of 50 gallons of fuel. I'm really going to miss that fuel economy. She will troll for 6 hours on 5 gallons of gas. It holds 70 gallons of fuel.

She's an older no frills fishing boat and gets used regularly,  but has been gone over extensively the past 7 years with many many new parts. There has never been a survey done, but the hull and transom is very solid and very thick. The motors do not bolt to the stringers, but rather to a cross member that runs across the stringers. Pretty neat design and rock solid!!

It does have a large engine box to house the 2 motors. I built a new engine box this spring that is smaller than one pictured. There is plenty of room to get down each side to the riggers or to net fish  and we have come to enjoy how usable the engine box is.  This design makes for a very stable boat in rough seas because your feet are at the water line. While I would not suggest it, there is a person or two on LOU that can varify she'll handle 6-8+ ft seas without a problem. I have been out in some nasty stuff, and in 7 years I've only had one puker, and shadster pukes on everyones boat, right buddy, lol    :puke:  it has really high gunnels (belt high on a 5'8" man).  This is NOT a short person's boat  but a great boat if you have kids!! 

It used to have a flybridge. I removed it two seasons ago and we installed a custom hardtop on the boat. It looks really nice, is way more functional and there is now about 6'3" or 6'4" of head clearance under the hardtop. 

The cuddy is unfinished and used by us only for storage. No cushions. It does have a porta potty. 

Boat is an 8' beam and very very easy for one person to handle.

This boat has fished tournaments at about every port on the lake, so you may have already seen it.

luckyenuff1_zps490dcc48.jpg

It comes with::

Furuno FCV 582 color fishfinder w/ through hull ducer AND brand new transom mount ducer

Raymarine 530 color chartplotter w/ great lakes c map

Raymarine st6002 auto pilot

Fish Hawk x-4

Moor sub troll (back up)

Raymarine vhf

Back up Lawrance depth finder

Downrigger / rod holder track system.

Big Jon electric Planer Reels

2 triple Big Jon Rod Holders

Walker Strike Vision (set-up and fully functioning)

9 rod holder rocket launcher

2 net holders

4 adjustable planer board rod holders

2 Scotty downriggers

New Kenwood Stereo system w/ amp & sub woofer

4 new batteries (2 house+2 starting)

3 battery switches

2 battery combiners

2 bilge pumps 

Teak swim platform

upgraded sea star hydraulic steering

upgraded electronic ignitions

Preventative maintenance Over the past several years:

New port motor Carb (2014)

New port motor intake manifold and riser (2014)

New gimbal bearings 

New shift cables

New Fuel Filler hose

New fuel lines & water separators

New starters

New alternators

New running lights

All New Wiring

New shift interrupter switches

New ignition coils

New Props

etc, etc.

Tons more....

Edited by Fishtails

I will take some current pictures and some video when I get up to camp in a week or so.

post-139833-0-35394700-1406300797_thumb.jpg

This pic is from last spring - before new engine box and tracks.

post-139833-0-37014000-1406300833_thumb.jpg

Below is a video from last week of my son netting a nice steelhead on Lucky Enuff solo on the dipsey just after landing a 24 lb king ( laying on the floor). 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=675041649235498&l=7144061944862729111

Edited by Fishtails

I fished on this boat with Rod a few yrs ago. Nice comfortable boat to fish out of. Rod keeps everything up to snuff as far as maintenence goes.

Someone will be happy with this boat.

Good luck on the sale Rod. It's tough to part with a boat you have a lot of memories on.

Spike

Good luck on the sale Rod. It's tough to part with a boat you have a lot of memories on.

Thanks Spike!  Oh hell yeah, tears will be shed for sure!   Everyone I know has changed boats at least once or twice since I bought this in early 07 - but I'm just so damn emotionally attached to this freakin boat.  I'm gonna man up and see it through through this time though  lol

My boy Justin has grown up on this boat. I told him about buying a new boat .He wasn't really to happy about it.  I said until then the Ray will take care of us just fine. His response was "she always does".  Choked me up a lil cause I know how he loves this boat.  He'll get over it soon as we start boat shopping I bet. 

This is a true sea worthy vessel. I have enjoyed fishing on Rod's boat.

I am sure this will sell  fast. Best of luck to both Rod and a SOON-TO-BE VERY HAPPY BUYER.

Edited by Pike Hunter

I have also spent many hours fishing on this boat the past several years.  Very stable in rough water.  I know Rodney has spent a lot of time and effort making sure things were updated and repaired correctly as he wanted to make sure it was reliable.  I know he is selling her with a very heavy heart and I'm the new owner will be pleased.

Jeff

i fished on this boat last year in six footers and it handled them great.boat is solid and fishes great.would make someone looking to get into a bigger boat areal nice package.

Been asked a few times about trailer.  The trailer is not included in the sale price, but it IS available for purchase with the boat. 

I will have the boat at Wrights Marina the weekend of Aug. 9th if interested in viewing.  I have a couple people lined up to look at it that weekend already. Let me know if you want to make an appointment because I plan to be out fishing weather permitting, so it will be out on the water a lot of the weekend.

Those were good times Shadster !!   That video was taken  before Lucky Enuff's interior and top restoration. That must have been fall 2010 ??  Different boat now, and she fishes and rides even better these days.   If I still have it  for the fall LOC, give me a shout if you want to go out a few days :)

Love this Video...you're so good at that! Justin is much bigger now. Here is a pic of him on the boat just two weeks ago :

luckyenuffJustin2014_zpscadfa3b2.jpg

I even got the daughter out this year.  Check out my Redneck boga grips I had to come up with for her   :rofl:

luckyenuffLily2014_zps0336a01a.jpg

Edited by Fishtails

Thanks Rod, That was from the fall of 2010. I remember you doing the remodel. You did a great job on it. Justin and your little girl, (Lily?), sure grew some since that trip. I appreciate the invite, but I don't think I'll be able to make the trip at that time. I'm in the process of relocating. I do have a small window this week and was considering pulling my little boat up to fish for a few days. Weather watching and playing it by ear.

Good luck with the sale.

For those who are / were interested :

Talking about this boat so much has made my realize how perfect she has been for me, so I will put selling her on hold for now. Perhaps in another year or two once I already have my "next" boat I will be more ready to let it go. 

I'm already planning an overnight Bluefin tuna trip on her in September after I'm done fishing the fall LOC derby.

Thanks for all the interest.

Cheers !

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was twice you almost let her go she truly is a great boat maybe the third time will be the charm 

:rofl:  Just wasn't ready yet bud but whew, that was close!  Next time she's up for sale won't be till I have my next boat already. Then I'll HAVE to see it through.