I am considering entering and have read the rules but something confuses me. It says you must register by 7 am and prior to fishing.

If I were to arrive around noon and sign up for tourney ( prior to fishing ) does that mean any fish caught that day are not eligible ?

Thanks

Rich

Yes.   You need to be signed up no later than 7 am the day you fish.   Pretty sure it's meant to keep people from going out, not catching a thing, and avoiding paying the $15 for the one day 

entry.   

Best bet is to register the day before.   The big issue with a one day pass, imho, is that you have to roll the dice that the weather men were actually correct, and you can get 

out and fish the next day.    It only costs $15 more to sign up for the entirety of any of the derby dates, which gives you much more wiggle room.

Or, if you are actively fishing the lake, it's only $80 for a season pass for all three sets of dates.    A bargain as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you for the reply. Makes sense.

I don't plan on getting to the lake until noon and was going for the $30 entry but guess now we will register that day for the 1 day for the following day.

Being this is my first season on the lake we will just do the entire season next year and be covered

Rich

Actually, it is to prevent someone from going out, catching a big fish and the entering the derby after the fish is caught so they can weigh it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Tim Bromund

Yea I can understand . We just wouldn't be able to register until we got to the area ( prior to fishing ) . Most likely just register tomorrow for Sunday .

As said we are lake rookies and will look forward to a full season next year , after the stripers leave my back yard in the spring lol

Thanks

Rich