Furno, Raymarine and Hummingbird Units

Last One

First to all that have replied, Thank You. To answer Gamble, The Lowrance unit does not have enough detail. In the river you see the archs, but on the lake, bait does look like clouds, but fish look like dots or marks, not arches. One friend of mine has a Furno and says he can tell the size of fish and see them moving.

Yankee, alot of guys do have Hummingbirds and your screen shots where great :). Does the GPS have a track feature? (which shows your location at all times) First units we looked at where Hummingbirds. I really like the 360. (still not out of the running) Raymarine: I just saw the CP 200 on there web page and thought it would be great for strippers in the river and bait/fish on the lake. when we follow the track back to work a area, fish move side to side. Thought it would help in staying on top of fish.

Lowrance doesn't show fish Arch's in the lake? I have a 10" HD and its super. If I did it over though, it would be a bird.

First to all that have replied, Thank You. To answer Gamble, The Lowrance unit does not have enough detail. In the river you see the archs, but on the lake, bait does look like clouds, but fish look like dots or marks, not arches. One friend of mine has a Furno and says he can tell the size of fish and see them moving.

Yankee, alot of guys do  have Hummingbirds and your screen shots where great :). Does the GPS have a track feature? (which shows your location at all times) First units we looked at where Hummingbirds. I really like the 360. (still not out of the running) Raymarine: I just saw the CP 200 on there web page and thought it would be great for strippers in the river and bait/fish on the lake. when we follow the track back to work a area, fish move side to side. Thought it would help in staying on top of fish.

It shows arches if you use the features correctly.  I have an LCX38chd on my boat now, had an X-15 and a X-112 in the past and they all show arches when the settings were used correctly. 

Edited by GAMBLER

Faster chart speed will show arches more than a slow setting. For me I look for ease of operation. I hate getting frustrated looking for menu page back and forth poking buttons to scroll thru menu category and then scroll through function, setting, back, then exit. Can't zoom in auto mode must exit menu, scroll to setup screen and choose manual then go back set zoom, then poke RAGE ...i mean range buttons. ARRRRRRGHHH!

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!

user friendly ..maybe touch screen intuitive command. I think the A and E units from Raymarine and new units from Simrad are intuitive type screens. The systems mentioned are all good. How long they last and factory support are high priority as well for me.

Discontinued Raymarine digital model on my boat...works well. Turn it on and go fishing. This one is frustrating though if you play throughout menus trying to change something simple. ..like screen color or brightness. BUTTON POKING SUCKS WHEN IN ROUGH SEAS AND TRAFFIC!

Cent frum my notso smart fone

Raymarine new units are pretty user friendly and adjustments on screen. So much easier to get to things and make adjustments. They beat my furuno 582 hands down. And yes the chirp, touch screen and pinch to zoom are awesome

Edited by KING ME

On the topic of fish arches, my sensitivity is set between 84% and 100% , depends if the broadband sounder is working. That is another problem with my Lowrance, Broadband works when it feels like it. On the other items mentioned,  have gone through all the setting and  speed is set on max.

Does Raymarine have the track feature for GPS? Has anyone tried the side scan for fish or bait on the lake?

Raymarine has track on the gps also radar overlay if equipped. The side scan is not all that useful for lake trolling even when fishing boards. It is good for bass fishing and such thou- have used it for them.

Went to the New Cabelas store in Buffalo, GREAT! they had all the units except for Furno. Garmin did have the best picture of them all.

They had all the 8" -12" screens I was looking for. Just makes the choice even tougher. 

Went to the New Cabelas store in Buffalo, GREAT! they had all the units except for Furno. Garmin did have the best picture of them all.

They had all the 8" -12" screens I was looking for. Just makes the choice even tougher. 

Did they have the a series raymarine in 9"?

• 3 weeks later...

After all this it will be the Garmin GPSMAP 1040. 10" screen, going to use a chirp thru hull transducer. Also going to add the GVC 10 side screen with another thru hull transducer. I want to thank every one for there opinions. Main difference was seeing all the units at Cabelas in Buffalo and gettinbent for saying               " check out Garmin"