Legacy- 2014 Deer Woods

Legacy

Great job! Tough this time of year...they've almost got to make a mistake. I'm hoping that we're going to do the annual drives on our lease this morning, as well. One guy with a bad back and the other getting sick though, we'll see. I love small targeted drives, but every year we get a little bit older and the drives get a little bit fewer. Kinda sucks.

Woot woot 1700th post. Here is one that was taken Wednesday before thanksgiving. Not the biggest on the property but it was tough to tell with the heavy snow and getting towards dusk. Going to make him into a European mount. One photo is a little blurry my grandmother was trying take the picture and my phone wasn't cooperating. Scored 118" with 19 inch inside spread.

Looks like I need to look into new bullets I am currently using the nosler hunting bullets in my .270win but they aren't retaining the lead core very well.  This is the 2nd deer out of 3 that had the bullet fragment a little.  The 2 other fragments are about 1/4" x 1/4".  Nothing too major but I need something that will hold up to 3000+ fps.

I hit the shoulder and spine.

20141126_173708_zpstarb4poj.jpg

20141126_173744_zpsyknmqmc2.jpg

20141204_200517_zps52pvwtfl.jpg

20141206_125552_zps1r2dx2ky.jpg

Edited by Chas0218

Well..3000 fps..130 grain..bone..yup that's gonna happen! 270 is a great caliber made for wide open spaces! How far was the shot?

Cent frum my notso smart fone

Shot was just under 100 yards. Have you used partitions? I was thinking something with a lead tip.