My 2014/15 late season.

Kinda typical weather wise....the two warm days didn't help but it all came around in the end....I will say it was nice to see a heavy DEC and USFG presence this year....nice guys and seemed to be very pro sportsman. I got the chance to hunt with some old friends as well as some new ones....the work and time we put in was grueling, but we managed some real trophies....Now diver season is over, come on Spring!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139783-14207565996692_thumb.jpg

post-139783-14207566199168_thumb.jpg

post-139783-1420756638196_thumb.jpg

post-139783-14207566575414_thumb.jpg

post-139783-1420756675694_thumb.jpg

Absoulty beautiful!!!! u are the man and a die hard diver hunter. Nice work on some of the most grueling weather diver hunting has to offer. Its a true pleasure to see old school diver hunters put the effort in to score on those late season birds. I know that its more work then reward usally but all fun when its said and done. Good luck and keep the pics coming.

The one Pic is of a buddy of mine and his 12 year old grandson Kurtis....Kurtis turned 12 yesterday and wanted to go Duck hunting....His grandfather made sure he had his license, duck stamp and Hip #. So we set out the whole Can and Bill / red head rig...First Bull Can came straight in (feet down wings cupped)...Kurtis shot all three of his 20 gauge shells at the bull and never touched him. I knew he was dejected, but we told him to shake it off and get back at it....not 5 minutes later another loan Bull made the same flight plan.....Feet down, locked up....when we said "take em" Kurtis already had his 870 up and he folded the Bull like a cheap suit with one shot.... My buddy's American water spaniel made the retrieve. Kurtis held the Bull and his grandfather said.." I took me forever to kill a good Bull and Kurtis kills one on his very first hunt." 

I will always remember the look on his face when that Bull hit the drink.....

Edited by Missdemeanor

nice job .....I love duck hunting . but ever since the salmon and stripah  bug bit me , I sorta changed  my passion , its been 15 years since I duck hunted ......awesome pictures

Edited by PolarBear

The one Pic is of a buddy of mine and his 12 year old grandson Kurtis....Kurtis turned 12 yesterday and wanted to go Duck hunting....His grandfather made sure he had his license, duck stamp and Hip #. So we set out the whole Can and Bill / red head rig...First Bull Can came straight in (feet down wings cupped)...Kurtis shot all three of his 20 gauge shells at the bull and never touched him. I knew he was dejected, but we told him to shake it off and get back at it....not 5 minutes later another loan Bull made the same flight plan.....Feet down, locked up....when we said "take em" Kurtis already had his 870 up and he folded the Bull like a cheap suit with one shot.... My buddy's American water spaniel made the retrieve. Kurtis held the Bull and his grandfather said.." I took me forever to kill a good Bull and Kurtis kills one on his very first hunt." 

I will always remember the look on his face when that Bull hit the drink.....

Thats got to be an awesome feeling!  Nice job Matt.