lisbon ,waddington

mhtrapper

well we just got back from the show and all I can say is wow! All those poor females getting the knife up there. We camped at the beach and this one group of guys were just unreal. Any way they need to put some kind of slot limit on the river to help those big girls to drop those eggs. Good luck to all who get to go up during the week, it was a joke out there all weekend

Edited by Stlawrencesnake

It happens every year the true sportsman will let the breeders go back and keep the smaller ones to eat there is nothing you can do about it, it's up to NYS and the sportsman and with that said it will probably never happen. I could never understand also American side 3 fish 18" limit Canadian side depending on lic. 4 fish any size just don't make since. How many people do you think camp up there and locals buy both lic. and get over there limit of fish every day when the fish are biting that does not help the fishing either.

Edited by mhtrapper

We hit Lisbon and Ogdensburg for about 5 hours today and got he skunk. Can't say we even had a hit . Saw about 5 Fish caught by other anglers. Sad one released that was over 25". All appeared to be jigging except one using worm and spinner.

Kevin talked to a couple guys today they fished the morning bite 3 guys 5 keeper fish said it was there best day yet. They are fishing all week hoping the weather will help pick things up, water still pretty cold. They have been there since sat morning. I ran into another guy from Theresa said they fished sat 6 guys and never put a walleye in the boat , they might have caught a smallmouth or two. Hoping to get back up there fri or sat.

I talked to guys from Theresa and they said Sat. was tough, Sunday was decent, Monday was good and yesterday was slow. Go figure. We didn't get there till 8:00. Can't wait to get my boat back and fish early rather depending on my buddy.

Edited by Kevin J Legg

It is a lot nicer having your own, I know how you feel, I am always asked to go with other people but it is so much easier to take my own boat because I have everything in it and you don't have to figure what all to take and I also like to go as early as I want to and leave when I want to. I do like fishing with other people but it just seems to be easier this way.