Owasco 6-7-15 FLT Tournament

We started off the day launching out of the south end had a plan of running up the lake a bit but once I saw the screen at the drop off in the south end I decided to set up shop right there. We ran Cores Coppers rig rods riggers and a dipsy... We stayed shallow for the first couple hours and it paid off one decent rainbow that ripped a 100 copper pulling a Finger Lakes Tackle chicken feed backwards fast... one smaller rainbow one decent brown on a 5 color core pulling a finger lakes tackle death from above and one small brown.. By this time most of the club that was in the north end was coming back to the south end so we decided to work north and that paid off Boating many Lakers... When we were making a pass up the east side we noticed a spot that was right full of nice arches but we couldn't get any of them to go so after reaching the north end we decided to turn around come back south and work those arches again and it paid off 7 color core pulling a Finger Lakes tackle king of sting and it was one heck of a fight bring the 9lber to the boat .. Ended up with a 5 fish box for weigh in and was content with it but always know that there are some awesome fisherman in our club and you just never know but in the end we ended up pulling off the win with a 26lb box and moving into the points lead...Finger Lakes Tackle spoons were on fire, never had a touch on a flasher fly all day... On a side note my brother who I haven't fished with in years was able to fill in for one of our crew members who couldn't fish this weekend and he did an amazing job for not ever doing the whole trolling thing before, handling many fish and netting quite a few too.. I think he will be back to fish soon.. Great job to everyone who fished and see you all at Cayuga...

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14337688927694_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14337689167565_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14337689305152_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iron Duke

Nice work Mike Congrats on the win! :yes:  Man the female bow looked really healthy and must have chowed down pretty good :)

Her tail was chewed up quite a bit but she still hit like a ton of bricks and put on pretty awesome aerial display. . The other two off fish were returned to the lake to fight another day

Edited by Iron Duke

Great job Mike!!, the cream is rising to the top, Joe Joe n the rest of us need to step it up at Cayuga!!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You'll be on your home turf too... Can't wait I'm ready now.. May have to sneak over there early to get a jump start on you...

Mike

Congrats Iron Duke. You guys are the ones to beat for sure. BTW Susie had 3 fractures with 2 plates and 11 screws.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When Dave told me that morning I couldn't believe it... We hope she gets better Reel Soon... As far as I'm the one to beat not sure about that there are some great fisherman in our club and I could never do it without the team we have... thanks

Mike

Wife n I fished hard in the blowing south wind, went 6 for 10 and dropped a screaming drag fish that I believe was a nice bow. Our highlight was a young buck swimming from East side to west, like he was admiring the other side of Owasco and decided to take a swim. :D maybe his mom kicked him to the curb, gotta make room for the new little ones.

Looking forward to Cayuga!

GREAT DAY ON THE WATER MIKE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK (FISHING). SOMEONE IS WATCHING OVER YOU.

DENNIS

Wife n I fished hard in the blowing south wind, went 6 for 10 and dropped a screaming drag fish that I believe was a nice bow. Our highlight was a young buck swimming from East side to west, like he was admiring the other side of Owasco and decided to take a swim. :D maybe his mom kicked him to the curb, gotta make room for the new little ones.

Looking forward to Cayuga!

Maybe some day you take me and show a old dog some of the new stuff congrats Mike

GREAT DAY ON THE WATER MIKE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK (FISHING). SOMEONE IS WATCHING OVER YOU.

DENNIS

John I've seen them swim across Seneca before pretty cool to see...

Joe yes we can do that sometime no problem .. And I'm sure the old dog could probably show me a thing or 2 also....

Dennis yes I'm pretty sure I do have someone looking over me .. He will always be my captain and I still believe he is helping steer me to the fish..

Mike

Nice job Mike. The brown and bow put you over the top. Knowing how to catch all species. Seems to be your specialty. I had a blast yesterday and everyone was very nice. I had sum hilarious bloopers that I'll have to tell you about. Thanks for talking to me about FLTA. Glad I joined.

Brent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nice job Mike. The brown and bow put you over the top. Knowing how to catch all species. Seems to be your specialty. I had a blast yesterday and everyone was very nice. I had sum hilarious bloopers that I'll have to tell you about. Thanks for talking to me about FLTA. Glad I joined.

Brent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's a great group of guys that love to fish, joke, have fun and be competitive .. Awesome job yesterday on your lunker and 3rd place finish in your first ever FLTA tournament. . Hope we will see you at Cayuga. ..

Mike