just an all around great day of fishing. ended the day 11 for 14 w/ 2 steelies, 1 slob laker , and the rest kings (up to 15#). worked 90-140 fow (leadcore 5 colors, riggers 35-90'). mag size lazer spooks took the majority of the fish. (the fish just seemed to want mag size spoons)

100_1413.jpg

100_1408.jpg

Hi Guys

Thanks for the report Legacy and thanks for responding this morning. I was doing pretty good out around 160-180 fow. 2 kings (1-12lb and a shaker), 2 steelies 1 around 6lb and a little guy. The kings came 110 down on a mag size glow frog and the steelies off the boards on smith wicks (Silver with blue backs and orange bellys). I did move in closer after talking to you and that's when I picked up the second steelie. I did not have a good as day as you but I am still real new at this and I appreciate any help I can get when I am out there.

Thanks

Gene

thanks tom! :D

gene, i figured it was you in the other boat. between us, you, and fish bandit we seem to have the lake to ourselves. more than glad to share info with you, glad it put a fish in the boat for you.

We marked a bunch 70 down 150 fow in front of pump house couldnt get um to go. We moved over to 65 fow off the nose and got in to some silvers and cohos, off the top. Knew we were in a good spot when the fish were jumping around the boat. Nothing big but more than we've been doing last couple trips :) . Didnt turn our first fish till 11am or so :?

It seems like there havent to many boats out front fishing, must be gas price are keepin alot guys off the lake, or they are waiting for things to set up better?

It sure was quite out there this morning I was the only one in the launch Parking Lot!! You could be right about the Gas that is why when I got this boat I did not go bigger than I felt I needed I only burned 3 gallons of fuel trolling 5 hours including the trip in and out. I luv that 115 merc 4 stroke.

I think the truck burned more gas getting there and back.

Fishbandit was that you in the blue walkaround? What did you get those cohos and silvers on? Thanks for the report !!

Gene

I wanted to get out Sunday evening but as soon as I got in my car it started to pour ;( and the wife wasn't going for that. As it turned out about an hour and a half later it got snotty by my house.

I noticed the lots been pretty empty when I have been down there too. I think it's both the slow fishing and people cutting back some on the gas $$ too :x ;(

Thanks for the reports guys. Looks like it's starting to come around :D

Ya we were in the green Trophy walk around.

Orange rapals j-11 with 2 - 3 split shots on the line staight off back and off boards. We didnt fish the surface till we saw them jumping. I heard ya call out on the radio, but till that point we hadnt boated a fish :$, I dont like talkin much on the radio "its better to be thought of as fool than speak and remove al doubt" ;)

Bandit

Call me anytime everybody knows I am a fool there is no doubt about that but I have fun trying anyway and if this newbie can help I will tell you everything I know about the water I have been fishing that day. Even a blind squirrel like me finds something that works once in a while. :D

Nice job Rob, glad to some people are fishing. We have had 30 mph winds down here the last two weekends. Stayed home and made points with the wife. Got a lot of things off the list for when the winds dye down.

Oh, wow, ok. What was the problem with 14? Is it a special channel the CG uses or is it one of those non-recreational channels? Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, it is reserved for port operations. 68 is fine to use though. Good luck on the water this year.

Thanks muskybob for the radio update I will scan 72,68,16 and 9 that should cover it.

Kiethg this motor is tight on gas 0.5 gallons per hour trolling and 5.2 miles per gallon at min cruise of 3500 rpm about 17mph, 1 mile out 5 hours of trolling and 1/2 mile back was less than 4 gallons. Don't get me wrong this boat is only a 18' walk-around and not as near as comfortable as the bigger boats most of you guys run. This thing is a pretty decent ride for 2-4 people and I can afford to run it as much as i want so it fits the budget. It has a 52 gallon tank so the range is nice and it should last most of the week with out filling it up when I take it to the 1000 islands.

I was thinking for the guys who fish out of sandy creek, sometimes I have nobody to fish with if you would like to Boat pool on mine or your boat shoot me a pm maybe that way we could save a couple of bucks and make some new friends!

the only problem with using 68 out west is the fact that every shmo and his brother are yacking on 68 all day long and the nonsensical chatter (both fishing and non fishing related) gets so annoying I've taken 68 out of my scan.

Tim

Thats a gread day of fishing for sure...Nice report also....looks like the water and fish are starting to set up on this area of the pond...Come on summer LOC derby...should be great fishing with what I see happing to this area...

MARK