Kevin J Legg

Great northern Lights and fishing

I was greeted with a spectacular display of Northern lights at 4:30 this morning. They only lasted about 20 minutes. First fish hit about 5/00 and the I caught two more by 6/00. The 28" was hooked deep and added two 24".post-144887-14419722298941_thumb.jpg

Awesome Kevin, two beautiful sights, eyes & sky's well done my friend!! PAP

Decided to watch our goose decoys do NOTHING for two hours this morning. Back on the water tomorrow. Nice limit!

I braved the rain tonight and it was well worth it. Landed 8 and lost countless. My good lures hooks are all bent from the good fishing the last few weeks, so I was losing alot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went out last night in the rain again. It was very weedy. So weedy I think my baits had weeds more than not. Ended up short trolling where I knew the fish were and landed 5 in 2.5 hours. It was the slowest night in 3 weeks, maybe the weather had something to do with it

Landed 7 last night trolling. All good eating size. Weeds were there but not bad

Ver weedy tonight. So weedy it was not fun, more like work . Head home after an hour or so. Landed two nice 27 inchers and tossed them back.

I fished the lake on Friday on the Canadian side up by False Duck and only caught 2 walleyes and a drum. Weeds were even an issue there. Getting more ready for waterfowl and bow season.

Holy moly that is one beautiful looking shot!!! Thanks for sharing. Those are perfect walleye colors also how ironic???

funny you say that pap I was telling my buddies it would make a great tape for a blade bait the night I took the shots.  Hurt my back 2 days ago had a great day on the couch yesterday reading some of the older posts on here , really enjoyed Kevins posts, I learned alot reading his adventures....I don't troll, i jig, but his posts were very informative....my goal this summer is too grab a couple river eyes, going too rent a tent site and give it a go, see what happens. I travel the 1000 islands every summer with my camera but haven't fished it in 25 yrs. heres a lightning strike at Chippewa bay.

ss.jpg

4 hours ago, Shane Muckey said:

Heres a shot I took at Kring point Kevin.

amazing2 (3).jpg

Love this picture Shane...stunning...magazine quality, great shot.

I was just reading yesterday about some solar storm , geomagnetic something or other tonight (March 14/15) to create some intense northern lights. I don't think they will be seen from NYS, but they did mention Maine, Michigan , Wisconsin Minnesota..can't remember the other states. But there is  a website that said they will be viewing the display live online .

Nice lightning picture too.

Those photos are remarkable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Your photos are insane! I've never seen the aurora like that...but have to admit I've been way to close to those sparklers:smoke:

Yea buddy I know that feeling ProfT, I got my but to land in a hurry, and I will admit that I broke the no wake zone law that evening!!

• Like 1