Diawa Seagate 60 level wind any good?

Justin B

A local tackle shop has a wicked sale on these reels I was thinking of buying 3 or 4 for junk lines.

Has anyone had a chance to use them for a season? I know they are relatively new to the market jus looking for some reviews before I purchase. Not many reviews online.

Thx

If you need the  counter think about the  Sealine 57SGLC3B. Very nice reel good capacity and retrieval rate, reasonable size/weight and smooth effective drag.... I love mine.

Excellent Reel. Have 2 seasons on 2 of the 60 and 1 50 series. No issues whatsoever. Battled many Kings on copper with them. Daiwa Drags... best out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

Love mine - been using them for 2 years for 10 color lead. Wish I could find a good deal on them so I can upgrade my 7 and 8 color setups. Anyone know of any deals?

Edited by vetting

If you need the  counter think about the  Sealine 57SGLC3B. Very nice reel good capacity and retrieval rate, reasonable size/weight and smooth effective drag.... I love mine.

I agree,that is why I have 6 of those

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Les, do you have any trouble with copper and the swivels going thru the level wind??? I believe the opening is smaller than on the seagate, and the retrieve is slightly less on the sealine 57, but not by much .

Im asking because ive been looking at both for copper and other trolling applications.

And anybody have suggestions for where to look for best price?

The Spro #8 swivel goes through fine.  I think you do need to shop around online for any deals I have seen them vary considerably in price. Luckily the last one was one of three my buddy purchased and he only needed two so I bought that one from him and he got a deal because he bought the three. I think either reel the Sealine 57 or the Seagate 60 are great reels though.

Les, do you have any trouble with copper and the swivels going thru the level wind??? I believe the opening is smaller than on the seagate, and the retrieve is slightly less on the sealine 57, but not by much .

Im asking because ive been looking at both for copper and other trolling applications.

And anybody have suggestions for where to look for best price?

Same retrieve rate for a sg57 or a seagate 50.... 42.9 per turn. 48.2 on a seagate 60.