Autopilot installation

If your boat is cable steer it will work fine. My boat is a 24ft fiberglass (much heavier) and my Raymarine Sport Pilot works flawlessly. Sport Pilot is no longer available but there is a unit still available that they replaced it with.

I have a sport pilot and it works great,  I had one on a 28' four winns and now have one one the 26' striper,   I cant fish with out it,,  I did have it installed by the marina though, I had no time but it would be easy..

Good luck Rick

They were a good unit in there day, unfortunately they are no longer being made by Raymarine in any form. The Sport Pilot, Spx-5r or the latest Evo version they had out are no longer in production & no plans to reintroduce them either.  Simrad makes a good wheel pilot now or the other option for cable steer boats is to go with an octopus type R drive or there type S wheel drive & a pilot of your choice.

They were a good unit in there day, unfortunately they are no longer being made by Raymarine in any form. The Sport Pilot, Spx-5r or the latest Evo version they had out are no longer in production & no plans to reintroduce them either.  Simrad makes a good wheel pilot now or the other option for cable steer boats is to go with an octopus drive or there wheel drive & a pilot of your choice.

See....

Take it to Hank.

The man knows his business

Edited by spoonfed-1

Thanks for all the info. Looks like I may have gotten lucky. Looked behind the sterring wheel and I have what I found out to be an octopus drive on the boat already!! Takes care of that, just have to send it out for a little upgrade then when I get it back basically attach a few things the unit I choose and good to go. And its gonna be a lot easier than in thought!! Can't wait to get her on the water for the first season!!