Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mhtrapper

Eel bay

Anybody trying eel for perch. If so was wondering if anybody noticed the water temp hoping to get after the bluegills. Tried it over to lake of the isles with little to show for. Seems like it is slow every where except for down around Oneida lake thanks.

Edited by mhtrapper

The last few days the perch fishing has picked up. The water temp has been high 40's low 50's depending on where you are. We did catch a blue perch today post-148254-14612807556848_thumb.jpg

Took a ride there this afternoon. About a dozen boat there today. Didn't fish, working on boat for a few days

Water temp took a hit the past few days... 46.4 today...mid day...fished in around 6 ft....kept a couple dozen...males and females were ripe but those I cleaned were not spawned out yet. Just a lot of small fish.

Fished with Prof T at Eel Bay. Slow start with murky 48 degree water. By noon the temp. was up to 50 degrees and the bite improved. We ended up with about 30 perch and 2 bullheads in 6.5 fow. Some nice females that still are not spawned out.

My son caught a couple buckets of bullheads from Dexter marsh yesterday and wow are they ever grubby,enough to make a man think twice about eating them !!!

Prof T and I caught around 45 at Eel Bay today. Females are now smaller and half are spawned out and males are mixed in. Thinking the end is near.