Coyotes and Fox 2016/2017

whaler1

Awesome hunt guys!! Those are two beautiful looking dogs. After my 2 beagles got run over at the same time, I had to accept the fact that the city folks have ruined our area!! Way to many time I raised the rifle only to see siding in the background. Loosing my two dogs to a hit and run and having to put one down that was still alive, brought me to my knees. The hatred towards those people that fueled my brain was scary stuff. I needed to mentally decompress. So I ended my hunting for bunnies. I used to sit up where this happened and just watch the vehicles fly up and down the roads that were once hardly used. Just to convince myself change has come. When it was small game season, the locals drove 35mph through known dog hunting areas now everyone drives 60mph everywhere no matter where they are. The younger gen. Is no better even if they are from my erea, the kids just ain't the same. I often say my generation is the last of the old school ways. I will admit my two girls are of the new wave type people.

Wow Pap that is sad to hear.  I hardly ever hear a beagle on my trap line anymore.  The last time might have been 4 years ago and I just stopped and listened, reminded me when I was a kid looking for the flash of brown running in front of the dogs.  Back then  the sporting magazines had dogs and beagles on the cover not deer with the modern monster antlers.  We got pheasants in front of the dogs two and they were wild birds that ran a lot, seldom flew like the stockies do.  Big changes in the sporting scene.   Deer season my sisters and mom went out even with buckshot guns for the first drive.  No tree stands, either drives or slow walk hunts if you didn't get included in a gang.  After the first drive, everyone saw deer and it was fun, we ate big time, all sort of food was brought along then the woman folks usually went home and the drives started again.  Maybe three drive  was average on the first day........Now it is so expensive and secretive and all  about antlers and the cost doesn't end here.  People get those expensive deer sticks to eat and baloney and jerky.  And the cost f mounts then was $25.  We used to cut up a deer by ourselves into roast and chops and a little bit of grinds for spaghetti.  Cost almost nothing but an hour of time.  Changes are not always good......jk

Yea sounds great!!  My father quit hunting when I was about 16 years, saying it just isn't the same, to many houses ect. Now I can relate to what he was saying 20 years ago already. The gang hunting has just about completely disappeared.!!

Holy cow pap that's a sad story, I'm sure your hounds had become family like mine are out back. Yes as time goes on we loose places to to run due to traffic. I have been lucky only one time in 30 yrs of running I had a hound hit by a car and that was on the lake Ontario parkway back in the 80s, it was a hound named Pip . She was a good running hound but not to smart and run head on into a car that was almost stopped cause she was running rite at it. Well she didn't get run over but had a great big lump on her forehead for the rest of her time with me. We have to pull off hounds all the time cause they may be Gona get in trouble.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ran a 5 coyotes Friday - Sunday one was jet black , he/she wound up in the same brush pile both times. We caught on to late. What a beauty , shinney black all over. I could of taken him when I first spotted in the morning but turned the hounds out instead.The one in the photo was blond /red nice for a wall hanging for sure!
IMG_20170319_105313815.jpg

Absolutely, beautiful looking hounds, you guys are blessed with the turf you have to run yote dogs. My uncle and a buddy, he's a Vietnam Vet, have a place on the saw mill land over on the Oswegotchi River. I think all the time when I go with them, I see the woods the way they used to be when I was a kid 40+ years ago, the first thing I noticed was the huge beach trees, my pop used to cut them, the dead ones for firewood, Man they are heavy pieces of wood, but they burned hot!!! And the streams up there have trees laying out into the water kind of like Canada. No wonder they call it God's country!!  :yes: keep up the great job on the yotes!! 1 less of those fawn eating basterds means a few more fawns and does will make for future hunting days in my book!! 

Tks pap, It has been many of years of work talking to the landowners ,We just keep in touch all the time since the early 80s. We have the hardest time with the hobby farms or newbie land owners. We have farms that when the hounds r running that way I have to tx them there comming then there good with that. Small price to pay for the opportunity to hunt!

I've found that asking first usually leads to a yes answer!! Especially with farmers, as they have the upmost respect for their property, as it's their lively hood. I know around home here I have no problems getting permission to crow hunt, especially fruit tree farmers and field corn farmers. Also a little recognition during the holiday's or a ring of bologna goes along way also. I made 20# of jerky and delivered it to the land owners, and some just say go a head you don't need to let us know every time. It's the little things in life that mean the most to people who are from the old school, and the kids that are brought up under the thumb of those type parents that still appreciate these type offerings. Best of luck to you guys!!! A little goes along way :yes:. PAP

look at this nice female i took last Sat night with the 870 called into 45 yards the 3 inch mag #4s took care of the rest. I have seen tracks in this area all winter just needed a quiet rainy evening to call from my favorite tree stand. 

First one i am hooked man what a thrill!!

IMG_hycq4b.jpg

20170325_192833.jpg