Otter Boat Keels

I have several sets of otter boat keels. These are made from stainless steel and don't require a weight. However there are holes to attach your weight if you want. These come with stainless hardware kits for attachment.

$40 per keel, $80 per pair. Can be picked up in Wilson NY area. I will ship in a USPS medium flat rate box for $13.45 per set.

PM, call or text. 716-504-7789

Thanks, Alan

post-152039-1472172852174_thumb.jpgpost-152039-14721728562888_thumb.jpgpost-152039-14721728600973_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Duck, I bought a pair of these to add to my boards for double keels and they work great. If you want to spend $80 per keel from big Jon have at it. These are custom made keels and powdered coated. I'm not sure or care how much they cost to make but I'm sure it took a lot of time. Fishing is expensive and if you can save a few bucks with a quantity keel I think it's worth it.

First off, Thank you MeanMachine and Seanymph for your replies.

The beautiful thing about a free market society is that you can make a product and ask what you think is a fair price for it.  If the consumer thinks that it actually is a fair price and there is a need for it, they will buy it.  If not, you will either lower the price till it sells, or eat the cost of making it.  I did just that, I saw a product that I thought was overpriced and in short supply, made some and priced them at what I think is a fair price.  As it turned out, ½ the cost of an original, and I still make a few bucks. 

So Duckman1, Your estimate is way off.  If you think I’m overpriced, DON’T BUY MINE!  By all means have your own made, or pay twice what I’m asking for someone else’s.   To put down someone’s product without doing any research on your own part is kind of low down.  Are you the kind of guy that tells a hard working charter captain that he charges too much because, “After all, the fish are right outside the harbor and it doesn’t take any gas to get to themâ€?  Or maybe go after the local fishing spoon manufacturer because his $7.00 spoon “is only painted on a 30 cent blank, and how much can a little paint cost anyhow…â€.   

To everyone else that still believes in a free market society, Thank you for your support. 

Duck, I bought a pair of these to add to my boards for double keels and they work great. If you want to spend $80 per keel from big Jon have at it. These are custom made keels and powdered coated. I'm not sure or care how much they cost to make but I'm sure it took a lot of time. Fishing is expensive and if you can save a few bucks with a quantity keel I think it's worth it.

If you order the pair from Big Jon with the half weights included, they will cost you about $110

I made my own custom keels that instigator was happy to help me out with the design and 20 bucks wouldn't come close to covering raw materials for 1 AND you still have to have them bent. I sold my old ones at the same exact fair price!

Edited by justtracytrolling