Went to Woody's on Saturday to weigh in a fish and restock a few items, place was packed while waiting in the lot. Get to chatting with a few guys, so I tell this guy we are waiting to weigh a fish he says he has a 39# to weigh in, after cleaning out my ears I question him again he say no it weighed 39# on the boat. In the meantime out come Dave with the scale Fish weighed 37# even. Not in the Derby... Ouch, Dave tells the guy. That is a 25,ooo fish. The man went from sunburn to pale quick. What a Hog!!!!!

You couldn't ice the hell out of him and weighed it the next AM? I realize the fish will loose weight just not sure how much.

You cannot do that under the rules or I would have done it. We caught 4 other fish that evening and we were trolling into port when the fish hit at 7:25pm. Took us a 1/2 hour to get it to the boat. Called K & G at 7:55pm about the last weigh in time because my scale had the fish over 34lbs and was told the last weigh in time for that day was 8:00pm. Chris and Greg Gehrig were kind enough to officially weigh the fish for us when we got there at around 8:25pm and it was 34.7 lbs. Only fate would have it that that fish would come last of the 5 we caught that evening. We got some pics and measurements though if we ever want to get a replica mount. I just hope some salmon comes in bigger than 34.7 lbs before Labor Day. Lol.

Edited by MikeyP

Loc rules don't have an official time, if they weighed it on their certified scale it should've counted

I wish they didn't, but yes they do. Read the rules again. It states for Fall derby the weigh in times are 9am until 8pm.

Edited by MikeyP