Roll Call we are just wondering where the Canadian fisherman are located

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Grew up fishing inland lakes north of the Mazinaw around Cloyne and Denbigh, ON. I moved to the Yukon in 2009 and now predominantly fish Tagish Lake.
I have a hunt camp around Vennachar. I've never brought the boat up. any tips or suggestions for fishing BC. (Back of cloyne)

I've ATV d into Long Mallory, Browns, Buckshot.

I have fished swaninagog and the river to sand lake. We have access to a cottage and pontoon there. Didnt work real hard at fishing only got into bass.

I grew up in Wellington and still primarily fish the bonnet shoals, wicked bank or duck islands. I now live in Smith's Falls and have started exploring the Rideau system and lakes south to Kingston. Lots of water this way also.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

On 6/2/2018 at 4:24 AM, chesapeake said:

I have a hunt camp around Vennachar. I've never brought the boat up. any tips or suggestions for fishing BC. (Back of cloyne)

I've ATV d into Long Mallory, Browns, Buckshot.

I have fished swaninagog and the river to sand lake. We have access to a cottage and pontoon there. Didnt work real hard at fishing only got into bass.

I grew up in Wellington and still primarily fish the bonnet shoals, wicked bank or duck islands. I now live in Smith's Falls and have started exploring the Rideau system and lakes south to Kingston. Lots of water this way also.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Up until a month ago I had an old family hunt/fish camp on Barker - two lakes in past Ashby/30 Island. Barker is a great for lakers and 'grey' trout - we always did well either flat-lining after ice out around the Queen's birthday or running cow bells with a 2" perch on the leader.

King is the second lake in on that chain. It is stocked with bows and it's open to ice fishing. Very productive.

Ashby has a mix of this (the lakes flood over during high water and there is some mixing), plus some small mouth.

• 2 months later...

You guys are blessed with some of the best fishing in the world!! I always read your section of this site. Brings back many memories of when I was a child and any more then a few minutes out of Ottawa was the French language. I ate many of unique dishes at the mom and pop restaurants on our way North to some of the best walleye fishing I experienced in my lifetime. I was on 5 different fly in trips in the later 70' s up to the early 80' s as the need to trek further north was needed to find the most remote lakes. Things sure did change as the roads became more trailer friendly and guys were able to bring their own boats. All we needed was a portable fish finder a 9.9 motor and a Plano box full of different weight jig heads. The second week of June was our week. That was usually just a few weeks after ice off and allowed us some great laker fishing and that's what started my passion for lake trout. Those were the days!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Trenton-Brighton Ontario for more than 60 years of fishin'

Fish the Pickerel/Pike/Bass lakes & rivers within 25-30 miles north of Lake Ontario from Trenton to Kingston

Also venture out onto the Lake around Brighton for Salmon/Lake Trout in my 16.5 ft Lowe Bass Boat (50 Merc)

Still head north once a year to fly-in or drive to remote spots.

The Fishing is Great in Ontario!!

These are still the days!!

...John 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...