Wind!

3 minutes ago, steelfire said:

Temp was at 60' over 350' today. 

Way out can be like that but thats good.   last weekend in Mexico it was @ 70' all the way in to nearly 70'.   It was a real challenge to find temp in July last year in my area.

Went out with my wife yesterday morning out of Hughes.  Hollands Cove looked good and the lake frankly didn't look bad.  Rounded the point out of the shute at Hughes and holy crap.  4 footers.  Was looking for browns in 90-40 feet of water.  Headed east.  Trolling motor was barking on occasion so put in the trolling bags and used the big motor.  Marked a ton oh bait fish, had good temp out to 90' down 45' but no fish. Trolled east to about a mile passed the block house and the lake was frankly getting pretty snotty.  

I will say that the Amish bags I use for trolling did there job.  It is amazing how much pitch and roll they take out of the boat and just suck it down on the water.  When I pulled the bags and lines there was pretty much a steady 4-5' swell in sets of 3 with a more than occasional 6 footer just for fun.  But not a washing machine mostly waves from the NW.  Going back though sucked.  Rained like cats and dogs too.  I'm sitting in our camper at Hughes at the moment and am listening to the waves pounding the shore.  We have the Living Waters Salmon Slam this weekend and am hoping for better conditions but not predicted.  

see they change the forecast N 5 to 15 knots waves 2 ft or less . the small craft advisory lifted and the tournaments on hold cause of the forecast friday witch had to be. safety first . just never know what mother nature we do . just read the SALMON SLAM is on .go getting um guy / gals 

Edited by fisherdude