Hydofoil

tim

You bet, I noticed a bigger difference on my outboard boat, and trim tabs made a bigger difference on my I/O boat, but the hydrofoil did make a difference for the better on both. I needed a lift on the port side due to my batteries and kicker on the same side, or I would have been content with just the hydrofoil. 

• Like 1

I have one on both my boats. 17 foot aluminum deep V with a 70 HP & 6 Hp kicker  and my 24 foot cabin curser  made a difference on both, would never consider running without them now that I've tried them.

My experience was different. I had a nearly new 88 tracker 17’ boat with a 70 merc on it. It had a hydrofoil on it when I bought it. I took it on and off a lot to see what it did. I never saw any difference either way. I ended up leaving it on because it made it easier climbing in after a swim. But every boat is different so if works on yours good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My experience was different. I had a nearly new 88 tracker 17’ boat with a 70 merc on it. It had a hydrofoil on it when I bought it. I took it on and off a lot to see what it did. I never saw any difference either way. I ended up leaving it on because it made it easier climbing in after a swim. But every boat is different so if works on yours good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

It adds lift to the back of your boat. You’ll need extra lift if your back heavy. I have a kicker and 2 down riggers on the back of mine, plus all the tackle and extra fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a combo alluminum hydrofoil trolling plate .
I cant say for sure wether the hydrofoil makes a big difference.
But the trolling plate when in use is awsome.
I have a 17 ft lund prosport with a 115 yamaha that i can slow down to less than 1 mph with the plate. 3 mph without the plate.
Top speed is 41 mph.
Hope that is a help

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Lake Ontario United mobile app