Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Geez Ed....better get one of those fancy chef hats :lol: That stuff looks great!

Those fried fillets look great.  Now you mentioned after the milk soak that you freeze them.  Is that a short freeze so the meat sets up and holds together for frying?

Have some soaking and ready to fry tonight.

Thanks,

Greg

I followed his instructions including the same coating.  They were great.  Might add some Old Bay seasoning to the coating next time to give it a slight kick. 😁

If you don't plan on eating them right away good way to freeze , most times for me at least 1 hour in mix is good , over night is the best

Sorry took so long to get back to you....

On 7/6/2018 at 5:57 PM, kayslay said:

Looks awesome! I find buttermilk a little stickier for my panko and cajun blacks spice rub.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I LOVE that coating trying to cut back some....LOL

On 7/6/2018 at 9:08 PM, Reel Doc said:

I followed his instructions including the same coating.  They were great.  Might add some Old Bay seasoning to the coating next time to give it a slight kick. 😁

Sounds good Ill get some and give it a try. thanks

Carol and I got back out the other day plan was to hit the same area where I fished with her brother Bill.... got over there and wind was coming from north and picking up. So ran above Samson to first point turned and set up just three rods.......picked up a 5.5# laker and boxed it......92 feet down back 12 feet 96 feet of water dodger peanut .....after a bit turned and went back up , picked a 18" laker close to same spot......go to starting point tuned and back thru......nothing this time so we stayed heading south looking for some sliver fish ......picked up one sub legal laker , two misses then called it went back to camp

No worries on the slow response.  I've found freezing lake trout really causes it to lose flavor and texture.  You think the milk helps it freeze a little better?

Greg

I think it coats it like freezing in water is some better than nothing but fresh is best

Looks like Seneca lake has fish after all.  Over the next couple years with no lampreys it will be right back.

Agreed the small ones taste the best! Just like deer, you can't eat the horns on a big buck and his meat is musty.  Spring born or yearlings are the best eating!