Targeting Coho

Adk1

What time of year is good to target Koho out of Oswego? I am thinking end of August to mid September? Also what are the preferred baits? I would assume orange dodger?

Edited by Adk1

Asked about coho last year as to when they might stage and  were got no response i have only caught a few during sept . I would say they are off shore most of the year and spawn after the kings are done but as to what river is best i have no idea .

When you fishing for Kings in Oswego late August to catch Coho just run a line up high or a 10 Leadcore with dodgers and spoons, or just plain colorful spoons. You will catch a lot of them, then are in the same waters just higher in the column. . 

I stop fishing after the second week in September and bring my boat home. I think the whole month should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On August 10, 2018 at 2:35 PM, steelfire said:

Best luck I have had with them this time of the year is fish just above the thermal cline. Colorful spoons work best.

I get a lot of them running free sliders end of August through September. Red, Orange, Chartrause Evil Eyes. 

Edited by Firechief48